Busted

Batman slowly comes to only seeing blurry faces as Y/N looks down at him in worry, shining a light in his eyes. Voices start to fade in as he notices the cops huddled around him.

"Who do you think he is under there?" One cop questions. Gordon holds him back slightly giving him a light warning to take it easy. 

"What is that thing? Leather?" Another cop questions pushing in to get a better look at his mask. You huff out of frustration at the cops crowding around you, making it hard to give him a proper examination.

"Can you please give me some room to work here fellas!?" They ignore you though and continue to bicker amongst themselves.

"What's he got on his eyes?"

"Who cares? I just wanna see his face!"

"What are we doin' here? Let's just take it off" A cop pushes past you and reaches for Batman's mask. Your eyes widen and you yell at him to stop but Batman's hands are quick to reach up and grab the cop by the wrist. The room comes alive with officers yelling as Gordon and you push them back giving Batman room to rise off of the interrogation table. You push yourself between him and the cop who tried to unmask him as you press a hand to his chest trying to keep him from breaking the cop's arm. Instead, he lets go of the cop and pushes you behind him to protect you from the cops who decided to draw their guns on him.

"Relax, Goddamit!" Gordon yells at everyone at the room finally quiets.

"You protecting this guy Jim?" Chief Bock questions pointedly, "He interfered in an active hostage situation! Colson's blood is on his hands!"

"Maybe it's on yours." Batman accuses narrowing his eyes at the Chief.

"What'd you say?!"

"He'd rather die than talk... What was he afraid of?... You?"

The Chief steps forward calmly but fuming as he gets in Batman's face. " You sonuvabitch! You have any idea what kinda trouble you're in?! You could be an accessory to MURDER!"

Suddenly another cop steps forward "Why are we playin' games here chief?" He grabs onto Batman's cowl yet again. This causes Batman to erupt and knock the cop back off balance. More cops launch themselves at Batman as the room goes crazy, you crawl up on the table trying to avoid getting hit as Batman has his way with them in a wild melee. Alarmed Gordon yet again tries to break it up.

"WOAH!-- Back off!-- BACK OFF!" Gordon yells doing everything he can to hold the crowd back.

"Great! Now I got you on assaulting an officer!" Chief Bock announces. Batman glowers at him.

"You got me on assaulting three..." He tries to step up to the Chief but Gordon quickly shoves him against the window surprisingly hard to stop him.

"Hey!-- Whats the matter with you?! This isn't the way to do this!" He chastises. Batman stops, shocked with his eyes flaring as their eyes lock. Gordon glares back in seriousness.

"You too now?" Batman says as he fills with contempt. Gordon keeps his dark eyes on Batman as he speaks to the Chief.

"Lemme handle this Chief... Gimme a minute."

"You gonna put yourself on the line for this scumbag Jim?"

"Just give me a minute and I'll get him to cooperate!"

The Chief stares for a second considering Gordon's request before he nods, "Ok, give him the room."

The cops begin to crowd out in displeasure as they leave the room. You slide off the table breathing heavily as you pat Gordon on the arm and he nods silently at you that he's alright. Batman watches as you leave the room and close the door behind you, watching as you walk into the crowd of cops and disappear.