Chapter II

"Hey, Georgia, I'm headed to work, see you later tonight!" I yelled to Georgia.

Then I realized she wasn't even there. She is in prison. The thought of it made tears spring to my eyes, but I quickly blinked them away.

But I have to admit, I'm pretty excited to start this job. It seemed like a new beginning.

I clocked into my new job and checked in with Brian before officially starting. He gave me a paper that listed the usual job duties, and I took charge from there. This is my area of expertise after all. It might take some time to get used to fixing up and taking care of the animatronics though.

About two months later, I was fully adjusted to the job and my new life. Freddy, Bonnie, Foxy, and Chica were an absolute delight to work with. For animatronics, they sure seemed real. I thought of them as my true friends after a while. I don't know if it seems weird, befriending them, but I don't mind.

That afternoon, I was cleaning up Foxy's face after one of the kids smeared Chica's famous cupcakes all over him.

I went to the storage room to put up the cleaning wipes. After this, I had nothing to do. I already finished everything that had to be done today.

Wandering around the place aimlessly, I spotted a door that I never really took notice of before. I attempted to turn the doorknob, yet it wouldn't budge. Why was this door locked?

Becoming a little bit too curious about the mystery room, I decided to ask Brian about it.

I slowly wandered into his office.

"Hey, Y/N! What's up?" Brian asked, greeting me.

"Brian...do you know why that door is locked by the storage closet?" I asked.

Brian looked at me curiously.

"Hmm, well that room has the leftover animatronic parts that got scrapped. They're no good. But the door shouldn't be locked, wonder who did that," Brian continued.

"Here's the key to the room. I haven't been in there since the restaurant reopened actually, so it might be dusty."

I saw in his hand a black key, the same one used to open all the other doors.

"Oh, okay thanks," I said in response. Then I remembered something.

"Also, you said spare parts that were scrapped? Do you mind if I fix some of them? I'm sure I can make another animatronic that could join the others on stage." I explained to him while grinning.

"Yeah, go ahead. I'm busy in here, so you've got time to do whatever." Brian said, dismissing me.

With the boss's approval, I headed to the spare parts room. I unlocked the door and slowly entered. I found the light switch on the wall beside the door and clicked it.

"AHH!!!" I screamed out loud at the monstrosity I stumbled upon.

It took me a couple of seconds to recollect myself before realizing it was only an animatronic head. I suppose Brian hadn't heard my scream over the excited children in the Party Room and in the Cove. I looked closer at this horrifying thing.

The head looked like Freddy's, but with extremely long and sharp teeth. There looked to be about 2 rows of honed teeth. It was so damaged too. I wonder what happened to him.

Just then I noticed a box labeled Halloween on the floor below the table. In the box were parts that seemed to belong to the same Freddy. Why were all these parts completely black? And those eyes...pure crimson. This must be a Halloween Freddy for the holiday. Seems a little intense for children though...

I picked up the box and set it next to the head on the table. The head looked like it moved a little. It wasn't facing me before. Must be my imagination.

"Alright, I can fix you." I spoke to the head with razor-sharp teeth.

While fixing the animatronic, I tried to remove the scary teeth he had. They weren't needed. Although, they appeared to be stuck in his mouth.

Guess they're staying.

I worked for about 3 days but finally managed to finish putting the robot back together.

Suddenly, Chica and Freddy walked in with heavy, metal steps.

"Chica! Freddy! What are you two doing here? The restaurant doesn't close until 8:30, and customers are still here." I told the two animatronics staring at me with blank expressions.

Chica stepped closer. "We know, but we wanted to check on you. I see you finished scary beary, haha!" she said jokingly.

"Yep! He sorta looks like you, Freddy." I told the bear who looked as anxious as an animatronic could.

"But he's strange looking. Those sharp teeth, those eyes," Freddy said. "It doesn't look natural."

"It's just how he was built, I guess," I told him.

I moved around the table to get to the computer. It's time to see if he works.

"Well, I'm going to boot him up, so if you're too scared, leave now," I eyed the two animatronics, expecting them to stay anyway.

They continued to walk out of the room.

"H-hey! Ah, oh well. I'll boot him up myself then." I said stubbornly.

I clicked some keys on the computer, hit enter, and hoped for the best.

Within five minutes, the animatronic stirred. He fully opened his eyes then, and they were bright red. Looks like it worked!

"Can you see me okay?" I asked the robotic bear.

"Yes. I see you." He responded in a clear, deep voice.

I smiled widely, happy he was working properly. "Great! Is everything else okay?" I asked him, whispering the last part a little.

He was extremely intimidating like this. His sharp teeth, and astounding seven foot or so height.

All of a sudden he took a step toward me. Out of surprise, I backed up into the table behind me.

"Who are you? Did you bring me back to life?" He asked, confused about what was happening no doubt.

Bring him back to life? He acts as though he were alive at some point. Even so, it wasn't too strange of a statement.

"Uhh, yeah. I did," I answered him quietly.

Why am I so nervous? Perhaps because of how he looks? I can't judge him because of that though. It's not his fault he looked so unnerving.

"Oh! And my name's Y/N," I told him, fully answering his question now.

The animatronic looked down at me, almost curiously. His gaze was daunting, yet relaxed. "Y/N. Well, darling, I'm glad to be back."

A chill went down my spine, however, a rose blush tainted my face.

What's wrong with me?