Chapter III

Insisting that the new animatronic meet the others, I strolled out of the room. I left him in the Parts and Service room until I brought the others to meet him.

Everyone seemed to be so excited to meet him. They hadn't ever known him, since they were built long after he was dismantled.

All five of us entered the Parts and Service room together. Except the robot was nowhere to be seen.

"Where is he?" Bonnie asked.

All of us looked around the room for a moment before a handsome man popped out from behind the storage cabinets. I yelped and jumped back into Bonnie's arms from surprise. He held my arms lightly.

"Are you...scary beary?" Chica asked.

I looked at her as if she were insane. He's an intruder. Or a robber of some sort. I got a good look at him. The man, who was wearing a top hat and some kind of black-colored old-fashioned suit...sort of looked like him. If he were human, that is.

"My creator, you've returned," The man said in a deep, clear voice. He was staring at me while he said it.

That voice.

It sounds so familiar...wait. Is this the animatronic I built? He called me his creator!

The man in the top hat walked closer to me now. Chica stopped him, though.

"I didn't realize the older animatronics could shift too," Chica said.

They could shift? What is this?

Chica walked towards the man. "Here, I'll show you," she told the man. "We can shift as well. But...Y/N. Please don't freak out." She finished.

I stared at her in confusion. I don't even know what she plans to do.

"Bonnie, cover her eyes. It might be easier that way." Chica asked Bonnie.

Bonnie did cover my eyes too, as best he could with his robotic hands. I tried to get his hands off my eyes so I could what was going on but to no avail.

"B-Bonnie, stop it," I told him quietly but seriously with my hands still on his.

Something changed though. Bonnie's cold metal hand morphed into something warm.

He slowly lifted his hands off my eyes. I looked around the room and saw 4 humans. Not animatronics, but humans. There's no way they could've switched places with someone in that amount of time.

"Y/N, it's us. Your friends," The woman that was standing in Chica's place told me.

They looked exactly like the animatronics. I can assume the man with the necktie and light-colored clothes is Freddy. The man with an eye patch and hook instead of a left hand is Foxy. The man standing behind me with blue colored hair and blue-toned clothes had to be Bonnie. And the man that was already human...the animatronic I built.

All of this is too much to take in. Is this even real? I feel like I'm going to collapse with the weight of this newfound discovery.

And sure enough, I fainted. The last thing I saw was Bonnie catching me in his arms.

I woke up in the security office chair. I rubbed my eyes and saw only a lamp on the desk giving the room light. It's already night? I remember introducing the new robot to the other animatronics and...wait. The animatronics are human! How is that even possible?

I slowly swiveled the chair around, holding my head from a painful headache coming on.

"Creator, you're awake," a husky voice said, startling me. I looked towards the security office door and saw the intimidating robot, now in all his human glory, leaning against the door frame.

I stood up and walked one step towards him. "...How is this possible? You...and everyone else. You're alive. You're human. How is it possible?!" I asked him, demanding an answer. I was starting to freak out again. I guess he could tell. He came towards me, gripped my shoulders with a gentle touch, and sat me back down in the chair.

"I don't exactly know how. But we can all do it," he began. He stood next to me and started playing with my hair. I didn't protest, I was much too frazzled to do anything about it right now. "We can shift into humans whenever we want to. Though, we normally don't show actual humans what we can do." He said as he twirled a strand of my hair with his finger.

I looked up at him, the light of the lamp gleaming on his face. I didn't notice before, but he's very attractive as a human. My face heated up. I'm sure glad it's dark in here so that he can't see the blush that's very evident on my face.

"Are you...alright though? You just barely woke up since I pieced you back together," I asked him, concerned. "And you didn't seem to be in the best shape either. Who hurt you like that?" I inferred.

He stopped playing with my hair and spoke. "It's the way I was built. Sharp teeth, broken body...I was merely Halloween entertainment for children." He told me venomously.

I see, so he was built like that. I don't think he wanted to be so very frightening.

"I'm so sorry. I had no idea it was like that," I told him solemnly. I stared at the concrete floor beneath my feet, deep in thought.

He stayed quiet.

"By the way, what should I call you? Do you have a name or...?" I asked.

He looked into my eyes from where he was standing next to me. "I've always been called Nightmare."

Nightmare? I can't call him that, can I?

"Okay, but do you want to be called that?" I asked him, unsure of what he was thinking.

Surely, he wouldn't want such an obviously frightening name, right?

"...Yes. That is my name after all." He spoke so simply as if nothing mattered to him.

I guess if that's what he wants to be called, I can't stop him.

"Alright, then," I snickered.

"Nice to meet you, Nightmare."