4| Date Night

"You have five seconds to admit what you've done or else I will shoot you."

"Do it, you don't have the guts."

I pull the trigger and immediately, Tristan falls to the ground. He places his hand on his chest and gasps for air.

I stand over him with a smug smile on my face. He reaches out for me, but I smack his hand away and watch him struggle.

I squat down beside him and turn his face toward me, aggressively. "Now, tell me the truth or I'll shoot you again." I manage to spit this out, hoping that he would understand how serious I'm being.

Tristan smiles at me and speaks up, his voice sounding weak. "Watching you want to shoot me with a nerf gun is oddly attractive."

That's it.

Ten more nerf gun bullets are shot at him and he laughs while pulling me down with him. I couldn't even be serious anymore because he starts to tickle me and I'm left gasping for air.

"I ate your leftovers last night, I'm sorry babe." Tristan says and I immediately throw punches at him.

"You greedy little brat, you literally have more money than I do!"

He shrugs his shoulders, as if he could care less. "The food tastes better when it comes from my girlfriend."

"Get out of my house-."

"My house." He interrupts 

"Get out of your house and go to work or something."

Tristan laughs at me and pulls me into his chest. I sniff his neck and he looks down at me with a raised eyebrow. "You smell really good."

He kisses the top of my head. "Thanks, I took a shower."

For a moment, we just stay there in each other's embrace. Suddenly, it hits me how in love I am with this man and I start to think about what a future with him would look like. I start to think about waking up every morning with him by my side. I start to think about what it would be like to start a family with him. I think about what it would be like to finally let go of my doubts and marry him.

I know he's ready for marriage. I know he's ready to take things to the next level, but I always find myself afraid of what the future could possibly hold.

What if Tristan secretly hates me and he's just been with me all these years, out of pity?

What if we do decide to get married and he decides that he's no longer in love with me?

My dumb self decided to sniff his neck and now I'm over here debating on whether my boyfriend lowkey hates me or not. 

"I love you, Isabella." Tristan interrupts my thoughts and I look up, giving him a kiss on the lips. He smiles into the kiss and I finally back away to reply.

"I love you more, Tristan."

A few moments pass and I look at the clock, hanging on the wall behind Tristan.

"Wait, TJ. It's twelve in the afternoon, why aren't you at work?"

"I want to spend the day with you. Work has been taking up so much of my time and I don't want you thinking that I'm avoiding you on purpose."

"Tristan, you're a well known therapist that's sought out by many people. I already knew what to expect when it came to your job."

"When was the last time you remember us spending the entire day together?" He asks me and I have to take a good minute to really think about it. Dang, it really has been that long.