10- "I don't want to die"

It had been a week since Glenn and Maggie returned. They had gone out for a run when according to Glenn they were abducted by Merle and a man who calls himself the governor. Amelia doesn't remember much from the time of their absence.

She remembers Rick pulling her into her room and telling her they hadn't returned from the run that was only supposed to take 3 hours. She remembers fearing the worst as his words finally sank into her mind. But what she remembers most was the feeling of loneliness. Loneliness and fear had clouded her mind for the 3 days they were gone.

At first, she wanted nothing more than to grab her gun she barely knew how to use, and go out there to look for them. She fought against Rick to be able to send her and a few people to search but lost as her yells turned into sorrowful pleas.

Amelia resorted to staying in her cell alone. Carl had come most times he was free to attempt to cheer her up and keep her company. He'd occasionally utter encouraging words at her for a half-hearted attempt at reassurance.

"They'll be fine, Glenn and Maggie are tough, if anyone could survive out there, they can." He would say, or. "It's going to be ok." But none of his remarks ever once lifted the fear that curled itself over her head spitting horrible outcomes and possibilities into her mind.

Carl had stayed with her most of those nights. He slept on the top bunk instead of in his cell, to ensure she never felt alone. But she did.

On the second day of her parent's disappearance, a strange woman appeared at the gates of the prison. Amelia had finally exited her room due to falling a victim to Carl's intense arm-pulling and dragging. The woman had deep brown skin that glowed in the sunlight and chocolate brown hair woven tightly into twists. She wore a pink tank top and carried a sword on her back that looked to go up to Amelia's shoulders. Amelia admired her beauty even when she was cut up and bleeding.

The woman had introduced herself as Michonne. She had been carrying formula with her, which led Rick to believe she knew where Glenn and Maggie were. As usual, Rick wasn't wrong. Glenn and Maggie were being held captive by the governor in a town Michonne had called Woodbury. Amelia stood in silence upon hearing the information, invested in knowing more about the whereabouts of her family.

Michonne had told them that they could most likely be able to break in and save them. Before Amy could even get the words out of her mouth, Rick looked at her.

"You're not coming with us." He said.

"The hell I'm not!" Amelia replied, getting up from her seat and taking a step toward Rick. "Glenn and Maggie are the closest things I have to parents and I'll be damned if I'm just going to sit here and not help them," her slight country accent making itself heard as she argued.

Rick looked at her for a moment as if he was pondering his decision. Amelia thought she had changed his mind with her words before he spoke the final word.

"No," He replied simply before walking out of the cell block.

Amelia tried to follow him as he left. "Rick!" she yelled as she felt Carl's arm go across her chest to stop her from going any farther.

"Leave it, Amy, they'll come back with them you know it." He told her.

Amelia looked at Carl, then back at the doorframe where Rick once stood before forming her lips in a tight line and grunting in defeat. She stayed with Carl the rest of that day as Rick, Michonne, Daryl, and, T-dog set out to go get back Maggie and Glenn.

It was just her, Carl, Carol, Beth, Hershel, and Judith in their cell block now as they all patiently waited for the groups to return. To pass the time she and Carl played cards and read the books she had found when they moved in. Soon it was night and the group still hadn't come back. That night Carol walked into Amy's cell to see Carl and Amelia both asleep on the floor with colored pencils scattered on the floor and cards in two piles next to them.