Untitled Part 4

Staring at her, I couldn't comprehend everything that shed said. All the words fell together and mixed in an odd jumble. It was like trying to solve a crossword puzzle in my head. None of it fit together. Could this really be what was in store for me? Was that really going to be my future? I twisted my fingers into knots on my lap, lost in thought. How could this place, any of this, be reality? I knew for a fact by now that I wasn't dreaming, but this couldn't be it. There had to be a way out. A way to survive this hellhole. I couldnt imagine staying here, but at the same time i couldnt imagine a way out.

On that thought, the door flung open again and yet another large wild eyed man blundered into the room. All the girls froze and scrambled to the wall, only to stare hopelessly at the floor as their legs began to shake uncontrollably. They were obviously all terrified of him. I didnt know if they were scared in general, or if they knew this man specifically, but its not that it mattered. I wanted to hold them all, tell them it was ok. They were so young, defenseless, and scared. I knew whatever words I could offer them, though, would be pointless. We all knew our fate. Empty words and promises don't fix things such as this.

Grabbing the neck of a little brunette across the room, she cried out in pain as he hauled her towards the door. Her matted curls bouncing beneath his big hand, and her small frame hunched over from how much pressure he was applying.

As the door closed behind the two, I could hear sighs of relief echo throughout the room. It was hard to believe that everyone was so scared they would be the one chosen, that they didnt seem to care that another girl was being taken to be tortured instead. Yet, even as I was thinking this, I felt myself release a breath id been holding, and I sank back to the floor in disgust for myself. I should've cared more than i did about the little girl that was just dragged out of here, but i didnt. I was mostly just grateful that it wasnt me again. it was an awful feeling.