Untitled Part 13

I woke to screaming

Shivering, I tried to get the images of my parents and my last night at home out of my mind. Tears were already slipping down my cheeks as I fought the memories like they were demons. Shakily, I stood up, desperate to stop the awful screaming.

Heading in the direction of the opposite corner, I stopped dead in my tracks. My knees crashed into the concrete floor, and my hands came up to muffle my own scream. My head was spinning and i felt like i was going to puke again.

Star lay there, a beautiful mess. She was the vision of the angel of death, and it sent chills up and down my spine. Her corn silk hair fanned around her head like a crown, and her dress fanned like angel wings. Her sprawled legs bothered me the most, as though shed been slung onto the floor without any care. She faced away from me, but I knew her eyes were closed forever, her gorgeous blue flecks of electricity forever silenced, cut short.

I couldn't believe my eyes. She looked even younger than she had before. It was like stepping into a nightmare. I couldn't tell you how long I sat there like that, tears pouring like waterfalls down my cheeks, hands cupped over my mouth, crumpled up on the floor like a piece of paper tossed away. Finally I came to my senses. I moved over and pulled her to me, letting her rest on my lap, and that's how we stayed. For a few minutes, an hour, a couple hours. I couldn't have told time if I'd wanted to. All I know, is that at some point, the door opened, and they came to take her away from me, again.

I grabbed onto her, tightly. I was not going to let go this time. They were gonna have to physicall move me to get their way.

"Move, we gotta get this shit outta here." A man yelled. I just looked up at him. I made sure he could see the anger in my face, in my eyes. I was red hot inside, burning with a ferocity I couldn't quite understand. "Fuck you." I breathed.

His eyes widened. He honestly couldn't believe what id said. "What the hell did you just say to me you little slut!" he roared.

"You heard me," I uttered slowly and loudly, "Fuck. You. You stupid piece of shit!"

Before I could make sense of what was going on, he hauled off and kicked me, full force. I screamed, but I didn't let go. It was as if my life depended solely on staying with her. With every kick I held on tighter, feeling my insides convulse with a need to puke and my face heat in anger and fear.

He stopped kicking me, and I felt my arms being pulled apart. I fought against him. Wrapping my hand around my wrist and digging my fingernails into my skin. It was as if I were possessed. I didn't even know I was screaming until he kicked me in the mouth and the blood dripping off of my lips abruptly stopped it.

I had to bury my face into her stomach. I couldn't handle many more kicks. They hurt so badly. Then, they just stopped.