Chapter 7 - New-Years at the Burrow.

"Harry!" Hermione exclaimed as she saw the boy outside the door to the burrow. She quickly brought him into a bone-crushing hug, which made him groan. "Mate! Where in the world did you get that!?" Fred asked with wide eyes, and Harry laughed. They were questioning the suit that Harry wore. A dark green blended satin suit, with a dark green tie and a black shirt underneath. Draco had borrowed it to him. "Yeah man! It really suits you!"

George said and Harry stepped inside, which made the person behind him, visible. "Oh-" "Oh Harry!" Molly exclaimed and took Harry's face in hers, kissing him all over on the cheeks, forehead and nose. "Oh how I have missed you! You need to gain some more weight darling! You're turning into a sheet before my eyes!" She said and then turned to look at Draco, who stood with a similar suit to Harry's, but grey instead of green. "And Draco dearest!" She said, patting his cheeks with a smile. "Good that you could make it! I was worried you would have to go to your parents!" She said and Draco let out a quick smile. "No no... Mother and father had some business to attend." He said and moved a hand up to play with the necklace.

"Come on, come on." Arthur had now also arrived and gestured for everyone to come inside. Draco walked on one side of Harry, Hermione on the other. The girl leaning over and whispering in Harry's ear. "What in the world of Merlin is going on, Harry..?" She asked and Harry looked at her with a kind smile, taking her hand and squeezing it, which made her raise her brows at him.

"Mate!-" Ron exclaimed and then saw Draco, his eyes widened in shock. "What is HE doing here?" He spat and Arthur was about to say something, many noticing how Draco clearly faltered a bit, but Harry had enough and stepped up. "Stop it, Ron!" He said and Ron looked at him in confusion. "Mate- Why do you keep defending him?! First in Diagonally!? And then now?! He's a deatheater-!"

"RONALD! You know nothing about that!" Molly exclaimed and many stared at Ron with wide eyes, while Harry suddenly straightened his back. "Ron. What if I, was a deatheater? Would you hate me?" Hermione asked and Ron blinked in confusion, looking at the girl. "No! Of course not! You're my girlfriend!" "What if Harry was? Or Ginny? Fred, George? Bill? Charlie? Your Mother or father?" She asked and Ron continued to be confused.

"Draco may not stand close to you, in your heart, but he is a human, just like the rest of us. And perhaps if you actually got to know him, if we all actually got to know him." Hermione turned to look at Draco, smiling at him, which made him slightly shocked. "Maybe we'll all be better for it." She said and glanced at Ron, glaring slightly. "I am not asking you to be friends with him, or love him, Ronald. I am merely asking that you put school fights aside, and let him celebrate the new years with the rest of us. Your parents have welcomed him with open arms." Hermione made a good point and Harry smiled softly, his hand brushing against Draco's, grasping it and squeezing it, for support.

"Whatever." Ron said and shrugged. "But he better not be a deatheater." Harry felt the slight tremmor go through the blonde beside him, and sent him a worried look, but Draco just put on a brave face. "It's quite alright, I'll leave..." He said and Molly quickly looked at him. "No, Draco. Please... Any friend of Harrys is a friend of ours. Besides, I already made plenty of food. Both you and Harry are nothing but bones! What is it with teenage boys these days and never eating?!" She asked and then began a ramble, which made the tension in the whole burrow, ease up.

Harry and Draco sat beside one another at the dinner table, Arthur and Molly beside each other before them as they sat around a large round table, warmth surrounding them. They ate and laughed, Draco easing into the atmosphere, ever so slowly, and Harry making it easier for him, by occasionally rubbing a pinky over Draco's hand.

"Say, Draco. What do you wish to be after graduation?" Arthur asked and all conversation quieted for a bit, while Draco blinked a few times, clearing his throat as he glanced at Harry, who looked intruiged by the question, eager to know more about his boyfriend, clearly, which made Draco smile. "Healer." He said and this left many shocked. "You don't want to follow your father, into the ministry?" Molly asked and Draco cleared his throat, looking to his side, which made Hermione clench her jaw, especially when she saw the hatred in Harry's eyes at the mention of Draco's father.

"No. But don't tell him I said that, he'd have my head on a stick." Draco said with a laugh, but everyone knew that he was quite serious. "What kind of healer? Like at St. Mungos, or?" Arthur asked, taking the conversation back on track. "Yes, I suppose. I have always loved potions and herbology, so it just, seemed logical." He said and Harry smiled, nodding his head. "Hm... Actually, now that you mention future careers." Draco said and turned to the ravenette, who glanced back at him. "Harry, what exactly was it that you wanted to be again?" Draco asked with a smirk, many noting the usage of first name.

"Well..." Harry cleared his throat and thought about it. "I have always liked to put things right... So there are a few possibilities. Like for one, we never had a good Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher, so that would be a possible idea, not that it would ever happen when Dumbledore is Headmaster." He said with a laugh, that made many confused, but the chuckle and shake of head that Draco came with, showed that he knew what Harry meant.

"And then we have Auror." Harry shrugged and took another potato, cut it in pieces and ate it. Molly smiled and nodded. "Well, those are good wishes, Harry!" She said and then the chatter started back up, the others getting asked about careers, as well.

------------------------

When it was time for the count down, Draco and Harry stood a bit off to the side and smiled, their hands intertwined behind their backs. "Why haven't you told them..." Draco whispered and Harry hummed, twirling his champagne as he thought about it. "The house, thing..." Draco clarified and Harry just nodded. "I don't know... I just... With you coming here and stuff, Ron wasn't very supportive of the mere friendship that we have... I am afraid of his reaction, as well as the others, when they hear I moved house..." 

The others had been yelling out the countdown, as they were staring at the clock in the house. "5 seconds till midnight..." Draco said and Harry smiled up at him. "Well, better kiss me then, don't you think?" He asked and Draco looked around, seeing that they were just about to yell the last second. Then Ron and Hermione stole the floor, all eyes being on them, he then turned back around in a milisecond and captured Harry's lips with his own, giving him a very loving kiss, which Harry blushed bright red too. They parted and then just hugged one another, Harry's eyes catching someone looking at the two. Fred...

Harry's eyes widened and then Fred held up his hands, waving them, before crossing his index and middle finger, his other hand going to his heart, he uncrossed his fingers and placed it to his mouth in a shushing movement, before sending a thumbs-up. Harry blinked a few times, but then smiled and held a finger to his own lips as well, which made Fred smirk and raise his glass once more, with a wink.

And Harry now knew, that they were safe enough with the twins. Oh yeah, Harry knew Fred would tell George, as they were practically one person. But also knew that they were not ones for joking around with other peoples secrets.