Chapter 12 - Answers and More Questions.

Harry and Draco were woken up by Madam Pomfrey next morning, they had gotten plenty of sleep, albeit having to wake up a few times, so that Harry got some food and sugary drinks. Harry felt much better now than the day before. "Sorry you had to miss the party..." Harry said and moved his hand through Draco's hair, the blonde just smiled and shrugged.

"We'll have another party soon enough... Trust me, I'm sure the others in the dorms decided that as well. We may be cruel, but we are cruel together. No one gets left out-" "Except for muggleborns?" Draco rolled his eyes at Harry's comment. "Oh... Or Mudbloods..." "Oi, you're a mudblood, and I know that we are quite happy you're with us." "That's only because I am Harry Potter..."

Draco sighed and gave the back of Harry's hand, a kiss. Then Madam Pomfrey came back and looked at the both of them. "Do any of you happen to be a half'n'half?" She asked and they both looked at her in confusion. "Mr. Malfoy growled at me yesterday, when I was making the rest leave, that was the only reason I let him stay." Harry felt a blush crawl onto his cheeks as he remembered Gornuks specifications:

"A wolf and phoenix bond, if strong. You won't know which you have before finding your mate. It will portray itself as being like Veelas, but very overpowered. Your body and your mates body, will change and your magical abilities more enhanced. The posibility of needing knew wands is a thing." He said and looked at the two boys, who both fell silent.

"You both do know, what a Veela is, correct?" Draco nodded while Harry looked a little conflicted. So Gornuk explained. "Veela are semi-human magical beings; beautiful women with white-gold hair and skin that appears to shine moon-bright. When angry, Veela take on a less pleasant appearance, for example, it could be that their faces elongate into sharp, cruel-beaked bird heads, and long scaly wings burst from their shoulders. Some also experience that they burst into flames, or turn into giants." This made Harry sit with his mouth ajar and eyeswide.

"But a phoenix/wolf bond, is like a Veela in behaviour, but not appearance. Though we have no idea of knowing what kind of changes will happen... As the last reported animal bond, was from before Merlins time..."

_____

"Harry?" Madam Pomfrey got Harry back to them, a light shining in his eyes. "Harry, can you hear me?" She asked and he hummed. He closed his eyes and looked away, before remembering his eye and glancing at Draco, who shook his head, which made him hum and nod. The glamour was back on his eye, Madam Pomfrey doesn't know.

"Mind telling me what just happened?" She asked and put away the light into her gown pocket. "Just... A flashback... I know what's going on, and yes, I am a Half'n'half..." He said and she looked surprised. "You need to register-" Harry shook his head. "Too dangerous, if you-know-who gets his hand on the register document." He shook his head, while Madam Pomfrey hummed and nodded, understanding what he meant. "Alright. But you should tell a teacher about it... Someone you trust." She said and her eyes sparkled, which made Harry smile and nod. She was on his side, along with McGonagall's. "I'll talk to Professor McGonagall, also. If Dumbledore comes by, could you shoo him away? I'd rather not talk to him." Madam Pomfrey nodded and then left to do paperwork.

"Okay. What was that all about?" Draco asked and Harry took a few deep breaths, before looking at the blonde, blushing a deep red. "So... You remember what Gornuk said, about the bond... Right?" Draco thought for a bit and then his cheeks dusted with a light pink. "Oh my..." He said and Harry nodded. "But... Which one..?" The blonde asked, to which Harry shrugged. "Too early to say... But remember Hermione said that my aura was different... It wasn't just the mark..." He said and then they sat in silence for a while, until they heard the doors open, and in came a large group of Slytherin, marching up to the bed, where Draco let go of Harry's hand and straightened his back with a raised brow.

"Well well well, Potter. Back in the bed, are we." Crabbe said with a grin and Harry grinned back. "Yeah yeah, how was the party?" "What party?" Goyle asked and all the Slytherins put up a confused look, which made Harry narrow his eyes. "You did throw the party... Right..?" He asked and they all shrugged. "If you mean the new years party, it has been moved. Some of the kiddoes got a bit frightened and needed a little extra time to get ready for it, mentally." Pansy said and smiled. Harry sighed and laid a needle prodded arm over his face with a grin.

He moved the bed up in a seated position and looked at them all. "Well, then what are all you prats doing here?" He asked and they chuckled. "He really is a Slytherin." A girl said and then they laughed some more. "Well, we had to come see how hurt you were, and if you had been sleeping, get some very embarrassing pictures of it." The head boy, Peter, said and Harry hummed, nodding slowly with a big smile on his face. "Well, you're out of luck man. Nothing embarrassing about this. Just broken bones and pride." He said and this made the Slytherins laugh.

It was a calming atmosphere in the room, and when McGonagall came, they all stepped aside for her with a grin, before waving goodbye to Harry and Draco, Pansy giving them each a kiss on the forehead, to which Draco grimaced, while Harry was used to her antics. "Madam Pomfrey said you two needed to speak with me." She said and the two boys glanced at one another, before nodding and making room for her to sit. Where they then made sure no one could or were listening in, before explaining her, everything.

The trip to gringotts.

Their relationship, to which she just smiled, thinking; 'Damn. Now I owe Snape 10 galleons... Couldn't they have waited two more days?'

When they got to that night where Harry screamed, Harry felt a lump in his throat, block the words and make him teary eye'd. She was sympathetic towards Draco, when he showed her the mark, with all the deep white lines crossing it, but what about Harry?

He took off the bandage covering it, and removed the glamour. "So... This happened..." Was all he could get out, and while McGonagall sat with a tense face, Draco explained what had happened, which made her furrow her brows.

And then came the bond.

"So... You two, are mates?" She asked and Harry let out a strangled sound, which was most likely meant to be a 'yes'. McGonagall smiled and carressed his cheek. "Calm down, Mr. Potter. I am in no way angry or putting any sort of blame on anyone. I am shocked, yes, but there is ambsolutely nothing you can do in these situations. That you and I share biology, is confusing... But the fact that you have markers of being a child of that many different people, is even more so. Along with Dumbledore having kept this a secret for us all, is no surprise, but infuriating." She sighed and patted Harry's leg.

"I will keep your secrets... As long as you both keep one another safe. Mr. Weasley is being suspended for two weeks, while the others are for 2 months... I hope that is okay... I wanted them expelled, but it is unfortunately, in the end, Dumbledores decision." She said and Harry just nodded. "I know it is... Thank you for trying." He said and she smiled, nodding again and then left the two boys alone.

"I love you..." Draco said and Harry's head snapped up to the blonde, making him wince slightly and Draco smiled. "I love you a lot... And I want you to know that." Harry blushed a deep red as he grabbed Draco's collar with a weak hand, but strong enough to pull the blonde close enough for a kiss. "I love you too, Dragon..." He whispered and gave the other a kiss on the lips.