Part 1 Chapter 4: The Golden Standard

*Not Edited

Benzedrine felt he couldn't stand the discomfort Sandman had been putting him in, so he tried to take charge of the situation. Almost instantly after Sandman sat his black legging ass on the bench seat, The Doctor sat up and threw his tray away, food and all.

"I didn't mean to cause the damsel his distress," Sandman said sequently after, as if announcing it or trying to narrate Dr. Benzedrine.

"I am not a woman, neither am I a damsel, but you are causing distress." Benzedrine responded quietly so he wouldn't make as much of a scene, but still loud enough to emphasize his sass..

Breaking the silence came a red suited man who almost stumbled into the tent. With a head of brunette curls on which a tiny hat was placed and an odd large flower stuffed into his pocket, he seemed to fit in with the circus entourage. The man faced where the rest of the crew were segregated in the tent, then glanced at the breakfast buffet, which then after proceeded in its direction. Everyone watched silently as the man served himself, until Benzedrine walked over to greet him.

"Is it not at least the gold standard that I may fill my plate before being criticized?" The man said without even turning to Benzedrine.

"I will assure you I'm not criticizing you, but may I ask, why are you here?" Benzedrine was trying his best to act as a character the man would respect, but it didn't seem to be working.

"Listen, I came in to be assigned an act in this puny circus performance for a job okay? And I honestly don't believe I'll be staying long. But if you must be shown--" The man then pulled a horseshoe from his pocket and blindly threw it to his right, where it landed perfectly on a post, causing ringing to fill the tent. "Im the Luckiest Man In The World, and somehow doing shit like that got me the part." He shrugged his shoulders and made his way to the table with the other performers and set down his tray. "But you can call me Horseshoe Crab" Horseshoe then held out his hand for Benzedrine to shake, which he did with an accompanying nod.