P2

[A/N: Xiao will be a little OOC since I don't play Genshin and only know so much about him. so if anything is wrong please feel free to correct me, but don't be mean about it. Thank you]

In the mirror chamber stood a group of high level magicians looking over the students that were assigned to their dorms. a short red head with steel grey eyes spoke,

"Then i guess this is the end of the dormitory division? listen to me, new students, in Heartslabyul i am the rules. I will behead anyone who disobeys so remember that."

Xiao heard him from where he was standing outside the door with the headmaster and the human boy. behead? how cruel.. yet i cant really speak since i've also done some non-pleasant things.

another voice was heard, it came from a man with lion ears. "finally the tiresome ceremony is over. we're going back immediately. savanaclaw dorm, follow me."

an Ayato Kamisato look-a-like spoke up, "All new students, congratulations on your enrolment. I am Octavinelle dorm leader and shall support you all I can." He flashed the students a fake smile.

a tall blonde man with purple tips started to question, "even so, i wonder where the headmaster went? he suddenly ran out mid-ceremony.."

"Abandonment of duty." came a monotone voice from a floating tablet.

"Maybe he got a tummy ache?" An embodiment of sunshine asked.

"WRONG!" yelled Crowley as he threw the doors open and rushed into the room, Xiao and the boy following slowly after. the Adeptus tried not to show emotion on his face when he felt all of the student body stare at him and the human next to him. the boy seemed to get even more scared as they pressed closer to Xiao's side making him tense up before putting his back to them, hiding them from the stares.

the short red head spoke up, staring at the two new additions. "Ah, there he is."

"we were missing two new students so I gracious went to go and find them. now you're the only ones who doesn't have a dorm. i'll take care of raccoon-kun, so quickly go in front of the mirror."

Grim squirmed in Crowleys hold. "Mgggghh--!!!"

Xiao glanced at the human before sighing and gently shaking off their hold and stepping in front of the mirror, he watched as the smoke cleared and a mask with a permanent frown popped up and spoke to him with a deep voice. 

"speak thy name."

all of the students seemed to hold their breaths. 

"Xiao," he spoke the name his lord gave him after releasing him from the endless pain. 

The mirror repeated his name and went silent for a moment, "Xiao.. the shape of thy soul is a tricky one. it's always shifting, never taking an exact form.. but I do sense a dark kind of magic in you. the magic is painful, almost like a curse.. therefore no dorm is fit for you."

seems like the dark mirror picked up on his karamic debt. but Xiao hasn't felt it act up since arriving in this strange world. Maybe it was effect from the chasm or he hadn't fully recovered all his strength.  he hummed at the mirror before stepping back and nodding towards the human to come up. 

the mirror asked them the same question and the mortal answered, "I'm Yuuken Emna"

"Yuu.. the shape of thy soul is.... unknown to me. I don't sense a speck of magic in this one. therefore no dorm is fit." 

the bird-man shouted out as the students began to mutter to themselves. 

"There's no way the black carriage would pick up 2 magic-less humans! In 100 years, there has not been any mistake in student selection. why in the world..."