4

-Annabeth-

"We need a quest to be issued." Lord Zeus said ominously, "My Master Bolt has been stolen.".

"But how Lord Zeus?" Chiron asked shocked, "I thought it was impossible for your bolt to be stolen as it is always on you?".

"Once every hundred years or so I, and several other gods, recharge our symbols of power so that they stay in peak condition. The process takes about a week and if it interrupted then it must be started anew. It was stolen during it's rejuvenation and only now has the theft been discovered." Zeus said angry.

"I volunteer for the quest." she said striding forward, eager for the opportunity to not only get a quest but to show up that upstart Jackson.

"I would also like to volunteer Grandfather," said upstart said bowing "I will find your master bolt and I will see it returned as well as the thief punished.".

"What did you have in mind for punishment?" Ares asked curiously.

"I think trying them up and giving them to my sisters as a new toy would be amusing." Perseus said and Luke began shivering at the thought.

Laughing Zeus said "I like your style Percy. Apollo, summon the oracle. She shall choose between this demigod and my grandson who shall lead the quest.".

Nodding Apollo snapped his fingers and the mummified corpse of the Oracle appeared in a flash of light. Opening it's mouth billowing green gas came out of it and examined the two of them before it settled in front of Percy, "Approach Seeker, and ask." the gaseous form intoned making her fume 'That is supposed to be my quest!' she thought angrily.

"Where may I find my grandfather's bolt?" Perseus asked seriously as he stared at the mist.

Slowly the mist took form as it appeared as a woman in ancient Greek clothing who began circling him as it said:

You shall go west, and face the god who has turned,

You shall find what was stolen, and see it safely returned,

You shall find the thief hidden among thy friends,

But all for naught, the war starts in the end.

There was dead silence until it was broken by Apollo saying "Well that doesn't sound good." Which made Lady Artemis roll her eyes in exasperation before the Oracle was flashed away.

"Alright Grandson," Zeus said looking at Perseus, "whom do you wish to bring with you on this quest?".

"I want Clarisse La Rue for starters," he said as the daughter of the war god grinned "I trust her to watch my back and she would never forgive me if I didn't let her come and kill some monsters.".

"I also have to look after you half-pint." Clarisse said grinning while Perseus pouted.

"Not short," Perseus muttered before continuing in a louder voice "And my second choice is Amanda Cooper, Daughter of Hermes.".

"Haha," Hermes laughed pointing at Apollo and Hephaestus "pay up!".

"You're gambling?" Zeus asked exasperated.

"We figured that Percy would get the quest so we made bets on who's children would go with him." Hermes shrugged before pocketing the Drachma's Apollo and Hephaestus handed over.

"Why would you choose her?!" I demanded, furious that I wasn't on the quest.

Raising an eyebrow Perseus said, "The Master Bolt was stolen and my theory is that it would take a thief to catch a thief so who better than the daughter of the god of thieves.".