A bone to pick up P.1 (Brook)

((Brook x Reader, romantically. Set at the beginning of the timeskip. Requested by someone on Quotev.))

-----
-----

Your hand set around the doorhandle, pushing it down until the lock clicked. With a light nudge of your foot, you moved the wooden door open and walked into the room behind it. A row of mirrors with stools on one side, shelves lined with make-up and costumes. Some props right next to the door. A table in the opposite corner, packed with snacks and tea and- uhm.. A large human skeleton?

You brushed back the bangs from your eyes, as if that strange view would go away, gazing at the skeleton propped up by the table.

Was this some kind of prank again?

Your manager had said there was a new rookie singer waiting to meet you but... Well, there was no one here. Except a fake skeleton with a funny afro, that is.

Did they really think this was a time for jokes? Your lead singer had just up and left -ran away with a groupie- and in a few days you were supposed to hold a concert at a charity event.

The skeleton turned its head and you could feel the pair of empty eye sockets staring directly at you.

Wait, how did it just move on its o-

"Ah, what a lovely lady. May I humbly request to see your panties?"

...

The scream had left your lips just as one of the prop-guitars by your side smashed into the skeleton's skinless face.

A crack sounded as part of the fake guitar crumbled to the ground, along with the apparently not so fake skeleton.

"Yohoho! What a smashing introduction!" it laughed with amusement evident in its surprisingly smooth voice while it sat back up from the ground where you had sent it and began dusting off its old fashioned suit.

"Wh-what in the world..?" was all that you managed to mumble out, stepping back instinctively from this creepy.. thing?

Surely this was just some sort of new machine prop the tech guys had built? For the upcoming Halloween-themed event? But how did it move and talk so fluidly? There was no way this was something artificial, no?

Now that the skeleton had stood up, you noticed how freakishly tall it actually was. Maybe a little less than nine feet?

It was, to say the least, rather intimidating.

You held up the part of the guitar that was still clutched in your hands, pointing it at the skeleton threateningly, "what are you?"

The afro-wearing skeleton turned its head and even though there weren't any muscles or skin, you could tell that he was smiling.

"A musician," he answered your question, taking his funky little hat and dipping it low like you had seen older people do to greet another, "I take it you're (Y/n)?"

Musician? If he knew your name then.. was this your new rookie singer?? A talking skeleton? Really?

Slowly, you began lowering your improvised weapon.