Wisteria guardian P.2/2 (Fujitora)

((Issho/Fujitora x Reader, romantically. Part 2 out of 2.))

-----
-----

"Alright. It seems your leg has healed quite nicely in the past two weeks, (Y/n). You can leave the infirmary now but make sure not to overdo it, yeah?" said your crew's medic, giving you a warning look as he rolled back on his wheeled chair to bring you the crutches you had been using for a while now, "I'll come around to check on you next week. Keep using these until then."

You took the offered crutches, placing your hands on the handles and pushing up with your good leg to stand.

The cast had been taken off and now you only had a thick layer of bandages around the injury. It was nice not to need to drag such a heavy cast around anymore. Although no bones were actually broken, your shin had been chipped so it was just to be safe. Now that your body had done most of the healing on that part though, the cast wasn't needed anymore either way.

"Thank you," you responded, already limping your way to the door since you were quite eager to finally get out of here, "I'll be sure to take care of myself."

A bit clumsily, you opened the door and left the infirmary, moving down the ship's hallways to get to your room. Most crewmates were out to patrol the island so you didn't encounter anyone.

Actually, you hadn't seen that many people in general. They were probably busy cleaning up that last nest of bandits you had found.

Cocoa did peek in a few times to keep you up to date though so that was nice of him. You were, however, really disappointed that Fujitora didn't come by. But he was an admiral. Why would he take time to visit someone as unimportant as yourself? Of course he wouldn't.

While slowly crutching along, you thought back to what you remembered and what the choco-milk obsessed crewmate told you happened after.

You had been walking with your captain, Fujitora, through the forest to check out a seemingly abandoned bandit's hideout when you stepped into something, fell and hit your head. After you had woken back up to find yourself in the ship's medbay, it turned out that you had walked straight into a combination of traps a few leftover bandits had set up. Probably a last effort kind of attempt to get back at you for arresting their boss.

First you had triggered a bear trap, the iron spikes nearly destroyed your leg, and then fell into an underlying pitfall where you hit your head onto a rock and passed out. According to some of your crewmates -who had the pleasure of dragging you out of that pit-, your head had just narrowly missed a bunch of sharpened wooden spikes. No doubt they would've impaled your skull had you not been so lucky to land perfectly in a gap.

The thought made you shudder.

Maybe it really wasn't such a good idea to just go strolling into unknown territory. Even though you had your captain with you then.

Come to think of it. No one ever said what he had done after you passed out. Every time you brought it up, Cocoa just looked away awkwardly before changing the subject.

As you rounded a corner, you came to a sudden stop, your train of thought derailing when you stared at what was before you.

Stairs.

In front of you were stairs.

Right, right, your room was on the upper floor of the ship.

Great.

Not that it was impossible to get up there but it would take time and energy to balance up each step with only one leg.

You made a small huff and waddled up to the first step, determined to make it up there. You certainly weren't going to turn around and ask for help. All you've been doing for the past two weeks was ask for help.