Chapter 1

"Nick!" Matt yelled from the bottom of the stairs way that led outside. They were supposed to film a car video for friday but the older triplet was taking his sweet time getting ready. The other two triplets felt like they've been waiting for hours when really it was only a few minutes.

"What is this kid doing?" Chris asked while shaking his head, not looking up from his phone.

Matt didn't answer, he was getting fed up. He was hungry and they had planned on going to McDonald's and he will get his nuggets even if it's the last thing he'll do. Practically stomping his way up the stairs and into the kitchen, he was about to knock when Nick opened his door, backpack in hand.

"What?" Nick said after a beat of silence.

"What is taking you so long?" Matt said with an irritated voice.

"I was packing the bag." Nock said, lifting up the backpack to show his brother.

Matt gave him a dumbfounded look. "What's in the backpack that's so important?" He said, longading the 'so' part.

Nick was getting annoyed now with all the questions. "All the shit for your job." He raised his voice a bit before walking down the stairs and out the door.

Matt began mimicking him on his own way down, "All the shit for your job." He replayed in a higher voice as he shut the door behind him.

---

They were already half way through filming a, 'Answering your guys' bizarre questions' video when it came up.

"Which brother would you be okay without?" Matt read aloud. He made a confused noise and looked up at Chris who was already giving him a weird look.

"What the fuck?" They heard Nick say from the back. They looked back at him seeing him give the same face. They looked back at eachother, a smirk grew onto Chris' face. He leaned back into his seat, arms crossed and grinning at Matt.

"I already know my answer." Matt then gave him a knowing smile and mirrored Chris in his posture.

"Me too." Nick looked between them in confusion before also catching on. He leaned back in his seat and crossed his arms, but instead of a smirk he had a frown on his face.

"Oh God." He said.

"Nick." Chris said, looking over at Nick, who was already flipping him off.

"Yeah, Nick." Matt said as well. Nick looked at them both with a blank stare. Shaking his head and speaking.

"You guys," he paused for a sec, figuring out his words. "Suck at lying." Found it. Matt and Chris giggled at him.

"It's true." Chris said, trying to sound as serious as possible. Failing of course.

"Oh please, if something ever happened to me,
you guys would crumble." Nick said with confidence.

"Sorry kid, but we'd be just fine." Chris replied back, laughing as he did.

Nick scoffed. He was already done with this conversation. And while he knew that they were just joking around, he had to admit, it did hurt a bit. While he had already excepted the fact that Matt and Chris do infact love him and aren't conspiring against him, he still felt a twang of unwantedness when it came to the three of them. He still felt like the odd one out. Even after all these years. But he couldn't let them know that. He didn't want them to feel bad about having a closer bond then they had with Nick. It's not their fault he gets jealous.