Chapter 5

Chris stared at himself in his mirror. He had two shirts in his hands, putting each of them in front to see what looked best.

"Which one?" Chris asked as he spun around towards his brother, who was lying down on his phone on the youngest's bed.

"The yellow one." Matt said, not looking away from his phone.

"There is no yellow one." Matt tilted his head up to look at Chris, who was wearing an unamused face.

"The blue one." Matt layed back down. Chris sighed and threw the blue hoodie on.

"Are you gonna get ready?" Chris asked.

"Um, I already am." Matt motioned over her body. Chris looked at him with an 'mhm' look. "What? What's wrong with it?" Matt had on a black t-shirt with black jeans.

"Nothing." Chris went back to getting ready.

Matt grumbled but went back to his phone anyway. They sat there in silence for a bit before Matt rested his phone on his chest and stared at the ceiling.

Nick, who had been huddled up in the corner, noticed this and crawled toward Matt. He silently wondered if Matt could feel the bed dip as he moved. He guessed Matt did when he turned to face where Nick was now sitting.

"Do you ever think we're just going insane?" Matt questioned while he looked at the now disturbed spot.

Chris looked up from where he was trying to put his pants on. "What are you talking about, Matt?" He let out a breathly chuckled as he tightened his belt.

Matt sighed. Sitting up filling this time. "What is Nick Isn't actually with us. What if we're just imagining it." Matt spoke softly as he twitled his thumbs. A clear sign of his anxiety getting to him.

Chris opened his mouth to speak but quickly shut it when Matt phone, which was lying in the bed moments before, was throne across the room. Matt sat there gobsmacked, and Chris couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"No, I don't think we are." He chuckled.

Matt just stared at the wall where his phone it. Open mouth and wide eyes. This made Chris laugh even more.

"Might wanna close that mouth of yours. Spiders are gonna make their webs in there."

"What the fuck Nick?!" Matt screeched, snapping his head to the empty spot on the bed. To any normal person, they would think that Matt has truly gone insane. And maybe he has, but the tiny hole in the wall says otherwise.

"Awe, Nick!" Chris whined when he saw the tiny hole in his wall that was made by Matt's phone. "God damn it." He turned and glared at the still empty spot on the bed.

Chris' face contorted into one of discomfort. "Okay, it kinda does look like we're crazy. Talking to an empty bed is weird."

"Crazy? I was crazy once. They-"

"Stop it."

"Sorry."

---

They arrived at the party quickly. When the trio pulled up, they could already see a few people in the windows of the house.

Chris sighed and unbuckled himself. "Looks like the party started without us." He joked.

"Yeah, it's almost like we aren't a fucking hour late because someone," he looked at Chris, "didn't have the 'right shoes' for his outfit. Acting like we're going to a fucking ball" Nick waited for Chris to either bicker back or for Matt to laugh, but they didn't and Nick was hit with a familiar uneasy fact that they still can't see him. So he just shook Chris' chair instead.