Chapter 3

Today was gonna be the first day Matt and Chris will go back to school since the accident two weeks ago. They barley got any sleep the night before and Matt was basically vibrating with anxiety. They always went to school together, if one of them stayed home they all stayed home.

Marylou drove the two boys to school in silence, none of them speaking to eachother. That's how it usually was now. Nick was usually the one to start the conversations and keep it interesting, but since he's been gone it been very quiet. Marylou and Jimmy don't talk about him much unless it's news from the hospital. Justin has been staying with them but even then he keeps to himself. Matt and Chris are basically with eachother twenty-four-seven now and they won't talk to anyone but eachother now.

Marylou pulled up to the front of the triplets school. The three sat there for a moment, well four, Nick was sitting next to Matt in the back seat. Marylou took a breath before speaking, "I know it's going to be hard, but try to have a good day anyways." She said, turning to look at her sons. The boys nodded before grabbing their bags and exiting the car.

"I love you." They didn't say it back.

It felt as if the halls went quiet when the brothers walked in. All eyes were on them. Nick, Matt, and Chris were normally used to getting strange stares from people, but these stares were full of sympathy and sadness. That's means everyone knew, everyone.

Matt could basically hear his heart in his ears. He had a headache, his chest hurt and he felt like throwing up. Chris was quick to reassure him that everything would be okay. "Hey, it's okay." Chris rubbed Matt's back. "I know this is hard but we'll be okay. Okay?" Matt nodded in agreement. He could do this.

"Okay." Chris smiled at his brother. He was proud of him, he really was. He knows about Matt's attachment issues when it came to him and Nick. They all had it but Matt's was just a little more.

Nick was also proud of Matt. Though he has his doubts he knew that Matt will be just fine. He'll make sure to keep a close eye on him though, just incase.

The brothers walked towards their lockers. Thankfully they were right next to eachother. When they got there both Matt and Chris were greeted with hugs from Alahna and Nate. The brothers were startled by the sudden embrace but soon soothed into the hugs.

"Oh guys," Alahna started, "Are you okay? Is Nick okay? How is he? Is he still-"

"Alahna." Nate warned.

Alahan gave them a sheepish look. "Sorry."

The boys just smiled at her. "It's okay. We know you guys are just as worried as we are." Matt spoke. It was true, they were worried. Alahna was Nick's bestfriend and so was Nate. They had been friends for God knows how long. They all were practically siblings; well except for the time Chris and Alahna dated for about a week but they don't tall about that.

Nate stepped a little closer to them. "But really, are you guys okay?" He said in a worried tone.

Matt took a minute to think of his answer but Chris spoke right away, "Yeah, we're okay." He plastered a face smile on his face that obviously was fake but no one called him out on it. If Nick was with them he would immediately call Chris out on his bullshit. Which he actually was.

"You're such a fucking liar, Chris. And you suck at it by the way." Nick rolled his eyes. He knew Chris like the back of his hand and he could tell that this was eating him up as much as it was Matt. Unlike Matt, Chris can hide it better. He was good at that.

Alahna gave him a look but before she could speak the bell rang for their first period. "Saved by the bell, huh." Nick snickered. Matt and Chris shoved their bags into their lockers before heading to their classes.