⛧ Whisper 3: Rescue

"How are we gonna find him?" asked Tae.

"Hm, I thought you would know that there's a tracker on his weapons." said Soobin turning on the tracker.

"Oh yeah, I forgot."

Soobin did a high pitched whistle and a huge sparrow landed in front of the two.

"This is Saenji, my eyes in the sky. He will fly us to Yeonjun and Gyu."

The duo saddled up and flew off. They were hundreds of meters off the ground. Tae looked at the canopy below, taking in the beauty of the natural wildlife.

Finally, they landed in a ruin area. Tall pillars were adorned by wallflowers and enchanted vines.

"Okay, let's start looking." said Soobin.

—-

Gyu's eyes fluttered open. His first instinct was to move when he spotted his kidnapper but his hands were chained to a wall.

"Long time no see, Beomgyu." spoke the devil, slowly approaching his victim.

"You're causing lots of trouble in the forrest ya know. Killing off our fauna, capturing our citizens? You're a Neverlander, what's wrong with you?"

"Ever since you deceived me, I have never forgiven you or your colleagues. It's so wrong to make innocent humans suffer even more after their death! You think as an entity who was once human would take part of making more misery?! Ha! You're kidding." Gyu growled

"Boo hoo. That's just how life goes around here. Since I've finally found you, I'll either force you to stop this nonsense or—"
Yeonjun leaned in closer to Gyu's face and whispered, "...you could make a deal with me~"

"Like hell I would!" Beomgyu shifted his head to avoid the devil's face.

"You think I would make a deal with you after you betrayed me?!"

"That's only one time, I swear on my horns. The deals I make with you in the future I won't break them."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because maybe just..maybe, I could kiss you."

"I'll never kiss you, devil!"

Yeonjun's ears twitched and he rapidly turned his head to the window.

"It seems that we have visitors..."

Beomgyu's head perked up.

"I'm gonna go greet them, I'll be right back." said Yeonjun as he spreads his large black feathered wings then flew out the window.

"So.. I'll go free Gyu while you distract that pest."
said Soobin.

"I'll do my best." replied Tae.

Suddenly, Yeonjun came flying. He landed in front of the two.

"Well look what we have here. Haven't seen ya in a while, Soobin."

"I've had enough of your nonsense! Let Gyo go!" shouted Soobin.

Soobin sent a wave of harsh wind in Yeonjun's face. Being distracted by that, the fairy took off running to find Gyu.

Yeonjun quickly recovered and tried to follow after when Tae threw the dagger at him. It stabbed him by his left wing.

"ACK!! YOU BASTARD!!" He yelled as he winced in pain.

He calmed down then put a smirk on his face. "Nice move you did there. But I'm afraid that's not enough."

Yeonjun took out the dagger and threw it in the air. He took control of it and pointed it towards Taehyun.

"Sorry buddy but it's it's over for ya."

—-

Soobin roamed throughout the grim hallways of the ruin castle.

He poked his head into a room. He saw Gyu chained to a wall by his wrists.

"Gyu! Are you alright?" asked the fairy running over to the prisoner.

"Soobin! And yeah, I'm fine." replied Gyu. "How did you find me?"

"The good ol' tracker. Your new friend, Taehyun, had it. He sought me out after you were kidnapped." said Soobin as melted the cuffs.

"I never expected him to come and save me. . . Wait a minute, does that mean he's out there—"
Gyu paused then ran to the window. He saw Tae outside trying to dodge Yeonjun's attacks.

"We have to get out of here, now!"

"Alright, let's go."

The duo ran out the castle. Soobin made another high pitched whistle with Saenji appearing afterwards.

"Taehyun!! Let's go!!" Yelled the fairy.

"Crap, I forgot about you." said Yeonjun summoning his giant sword.

"I'll handle this," Soobin stood in front of the devil. "Everyone else get on Saenji."

"I never knew you would have the balls to face me again, 'Soonie'. " chuckled Yeonjun, still in the air.

"I don't but.. I want to protect my allies."

Yeonjun was the first to attack but Soobin blocked it with an invisible barrier.

The devil slashed the barrier and brought in a boulder, throwing it at the fairy. In response, he cut the boulder into many rocks and jumped on each as it ascended to Yeonjun's level.

Finally, the fairy landed a punch in the devil's face and quickly ran to his large bird.

"Saenji, go!" he shouted. The bird flapped its colorful wings then flew off.

Beomgyu sighed in relief, watching as the ruin castle faded off into the distance.

—-