-Snap || Soukoku Angst-

Word Count: 1137

(I originally wrote this a while back but couldn't bring myself to finish it)

(TW: Assault, typical suicide mentions, depression, mentions of domestic violence)

"Morning Dazai!" Chuuya yelled from the kitchen.

"Morning," he said bluntly. Nice, for once he's not irritated he thought. It was now common that Dazai was irritated or stressed. Chuuya started making coffee for both of them.

"How are you today hubby?" He asked.

"Busy, please don't speak to me."

"Ok, sorry" he poured his coffee into a travel mug and gave one cup to Dazai. He sat it by his computer and Dazai moved it away.

"Thanks. I won't drink it though"

"That's ok, have a good day"

"Mhm," Dazai sat at his computer doing work all day, nothing else. It did make sense though, he had tons of work to finish for all the time spent off with Chuuya. This did upset Chuuya a bit, he was okay about it though, there was a price to pay for taking time off.

Chuuya walked out the door, on his watch it read seven am. Dazai would head in for work soon. He took a few sips of his coffee and continued to walk to the headquarters, where his desk was set up. Mori had assigned him a specific desk the other day for him as an executive desk and one where he could fill out documents important to the mafia.

He walked down the back alleyways to reach the building, it was something he was used to. If someone started a commotion in the alleys, mainly drunk people or criminals (like him), he'd have to kill them and throw their bodies onto the main street. The police couldn't see him, they'd attempt to capture him, and if they did, he'd be sentenced to death. If you murdered a single person you'd be sentenced to death, he was unsure now of how many he'd killed, but he only killed the guilty, he'd feel bad if he killed an innocent person, that was his morals and work ethic. He placed his finished coffee cup on a step he'd pass on his way back from work so he could pick it up, there was no need to carry an empty coffee cup around the headquarters.

"Hello sir," he said greeting his superior on the way in.

"Ah, Chuuya! How lovely, I've dropped off paperwork at your desk, could you sign it and return it?"

"Of course, sir" he responded. All he could think about was if he had seen the papers on his desk, some were of his livelihood. He and Dazai were getting married in a few months, and some of the documents were about the wedding, but currently, Dazai was only ever pissed at Chuuya now, he wondered if he could do anything to stop Dazai being so upset or mad, but he also didn't want to interfere that much.

•-----•

"Dazai, are you awake honey?" He asked reaching across the bedsheets for him. He wasn't there, Chuyya went out to their living room, Dazai was on the couch, and Chuuya looked at the clock. "Dazai it's two in the morning, what are you doing?"

"Work, sorry Chu Chu. Seems the president has given me a bunch of tasks to finish before the end of the year. I may have to work overtime a bit"

"Ok, just don't give yourself burnout. Also please go to sleep"

"I will, please go back to bed, I'll be there soon"

"Ok, night Dazai" he yawned.

"Goodnight sleepyhead" That was the first night of the stirrings but a solid month had passed since then and so much had changed. Tonight was a bad night for both of them.
"Hey Dazai," he said as he walked into the living room dressed for work.

"Hey, I'm off to work"

"Ok"

"Bye Dazai!" He said as he left. He wasn't met with a response. When he returned, Dazai was passed out at the desk with an unfinished coffee in his hand. "Babe, you should head to bed," he said taking the cup from him and lightly shaking him awake. 

"Leave me alone for once, won't you!" he yelled, hitting him and accidentally smashing the cup onto Chuuya's feet. He hissed as the shards and hot coffee made contact with his feet. Dazai sighed, not seeming to acknowledge the event. Chuuy limped to their bedroom in the socks he was wearing and into the bathroom to take out the shards. 

"Ah!" he yelped in pain as he pulled the glass shards out of his foot, it stung a lot, far more than he anticipated. He sat on the rim of the bathtub and soaked his foot in the water for fifteen minutes to help the burns. When the blood finished he made sure all the shards were definitely gone and reached across for a roll of bandages Dazai always kept. He wrapped up his foot and limped onto the bed, back to reading the book he was reading the night prior. 

"Chuuya?" Dazai asked opening the door. Chuuya looked up from his book at the door frame where Dazai was. "Are you alright?" Chuuya nodded, his foot hissed in pain but he could barely move to get painkillers. Dazai sat next to him on the bed and hugged him. "I'm so sorry"

"It's ok"

"Are you sure?"

"It's just painful"

"I'm so sorry"

"It's ok Dazai"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hit or yell at you, can I see your foot?" Chuuya shifted to show him. He yelped in pain as he took off the bandages. "Oh no-" The cuts were sealed for now but some started bleeding again and the burns were scabbing and blistering. Dazai rushed to get a cloth. Chuuya lay down in pain and Dazai returned with a wet cloth. He applied it for a fair bit of time, the blood was being soaked up by the bedsheets and the cloth. "I'll call Doctor Yosano"

"It's fine" he moved his foot and yelped. 

"It's not, it's clearly sore" Dazai got up and made a phone call. "She's on her way"

"Right now? What even is the time?" Chuuya asked looking over at the clock that read seven o'clock. A knock sounded on the door. and Dazai went to open it. 

"So what is the issue?" Yosano said. 

"I burnt my foot" Chuuya bluntly said. "I dropped a coffee cup on my foot"

"And it shattered?" she asked looking at the scars, Chuuya nodded. 

"It's already badly blistered and scared, I'll wrap it up and once the scars are healed I can go get you a cream that should stop the blisters or permanent damage to the skin, ok?"

"Ok, thanks"

"It's alright" She wrapped up his foot and when she left Dazai gave him the biggest hug ever and refused to move to the point of where Chuuya was sure he'd never let him go.