-Arcade || Soukoku-

Word Count: 1087

I will never forget that day, the day I thought you were going to die... we were just fifteen at the time Chuuya, I thought you were leaving me then, it was the scariest moment in my life... we had just exited the arcade a few minutes earlier... in truth, if you died that day, I would have never forgiven myself.

Chuuya collapsed to the floor, he was screaming at the top of his lungs, it broke my heart in half. His throat was just ripped wide open by the man in Infront of us.

'I must help him...' I thought. "Backup is on the way" I promised. I couldn't promise it though, our situation was dire, Chuuya was about to die if nobody did anything. We only had a few men, non-gifted with guns remaining. I was frantically yelling at the men to defeat the opponent in front of us. I held a cloth up to Chuuya's neck, it was consistently pouring out blood. "You'll be ok" I whispered, my voice low. 

"Don't lie to me, I'm going to die right?" he spat out blood, a lot, he seemed to be choking on the amount. Chuuya's arms were also gashed wide open, but his neck was the main concern. Finally, one of our remaining men took him down and rushed over to Me. 

"What should we do sir?"

"Call in, report back, I'm taking Chuuya to seek help".

"Of course, sir" I picked him up and ran to get him help until a passer-by who was a medic helped Chuuya out. She got us to a local facility in which no one knew who either of us was. In the hospital, Chuuya passed out in my arms and the medic rushed Chuuya in for surgery. I paced back and forth for close to three hours before Chuuya was finally in stable condition and out of surgery. I walked into his room and Chuuya greeted me. 

"Afternoon," he said. I was surprised when he didn't hear the word 'bastard' follow. I was quick to hug him, Chuuya's mind seemed distant though, foggy may have been the right term at the time, it would have been ok in my eyes, he almost died, of course I also sustained injuries, but none were nearly as bad as Chuuya's. Chuuya apparently had in total a hundred and sixty-four stitches across his arms and around two hundred and fifty on his neck, he should have been dead ages ago. "I love you," I said as we generally said to each other while we were dating. Chuuya started crying and covered his face. "What's wrong?"

"We're a losing game..."

"What do you mean?"

"I've dragged you and your men into my problems, and the majority of your men died. I saw the end before it began but I carried out and carried on".

"It's ok" Chuuya leaned back on the recovery bed. 

"I'm just a small-town boy in a big arcade, I got addicted to a losing streak. You should go Dazai".

"Ok, call me when I get out of recovery". This was a game to me I guess, a normal day for me...

"I will" He never did call me back, he never did even see me after that incident. Soon after I found out he took on the role of executive alongside our remaining executives and me after the Arahabaki incident. 

Chuuya POV

The return home from the hospital didn't feel like home, Dazai wasn't there to greet me and for good reason I guess, It's better if I don't endanger Dazai when I work, so after that incident and recovery I worked solo with no men involved, in my corrupted state I'd kill them anyways. I was just thankful my new clothes covered the scars but Dazai started wearing bandages in the same places I got struck. The amount of morphine I was on was probably enough to send a man mad, just to try and cover the pain of the stitches, but something desperately felt wrong. 

My mind was foggy, there was only silence and ringing to accompany me,

I was always in pain for the next few months,

Even though I blocked everyone out, I still missed him,

I guess... my heart was broken... I've spent all the love I saved, a small-town boy in a big arcade,

I got addicted, to a losing game.

I fell against the wall once again, my feet were as unsteady as a roller coaster but I'd recovered enough to go back to work. I got into the elevator and rolled up my sleeves to admire the scars on my arms, luckily they looked like my corrupted form so they were easy to play off, and possibly with a bit of makeup, hideable. I walked down the long corridor on the top floor to the boss' office. 

"Good afternoon sir,"

"Welcome back Chuuya"

"What are my orders, sir?"

"Just finish off the paperwork left in your office, Dazai's been doing the majority for you already, it should only be a small stack"

"Of course sir," I walked to my office, can anyone but Dazai be there? Please. Dazai was in there, of course, he was. 

"Chuuya?..."

"Afternoon Dazai" I sat down at my desk, there were only a few pages left, seems as if Dazai covered my monthly three thousand stacked pages. I started looking at the seemingly only ten pages left. I had to read through all before I signed them, because if I don't then I'm in a pact in which I'm giving someone half of my earnings somehow.

'To establish a friendship-' I stopped reading mid-line. Dazai was still in the same area as he was when I walked in against the wall. "Why are you still here?"

"I wanted to see if you were alright"

"I'm fine, thanks for asking though"

"Are you sure?"

"I'm fine Dazai, you can leave"

"Ok" He finally leaves me in peace and after reading through the few letters my work seemed to be done for the day, so I walked out. Dazai was right outside though, the idiot.

"Are you done?"

"Yes, I'm done with work, don't worry"

"Would you like to head out today?" he asked. 

"Where to?"

"I was just thinking anywhere at this point. I missed you"

"Ok, let's go," I said. He smiled warmly, which was odd for him, I never saw that smile before. I followed him out and we walked for just a bit, we stopped at the park for a few minutes and watched the world skip by, who would have known that just having his hand in mine, could mean a thousand words?