Chapter 17

I made my way down the hall towards the apartment but I bumped into N "Oh y/n! I was looking for you!" He says with a little awkwardness in his voice, I instantly knew he was hiding something from me "You were? What's up?" I asked "I wanted to learn guitar, could you teach me?" He asked "Cleaver boy" I thought realizing he was using the apology as a cover up for whatever he was doing. "Sure" I say motioning for him to lead the way.

He took us to a empty room and we sat down, I summoned a guitar for him and showed him some cords and he picked up on it extremely quickly. Soon he was playing music right from one of the books I had summoned for him, after a few songs he tried to freestyle his own music and he was pretty good at it "You sure you didn't know how to play? Your awfully talented for a beginner" I asked "I've never played before I swear" he says setting the guitar down. "For some reason I don't believe that but alright" I say reaching into my pocket, "N I wanted to give you something" I say handing him the pin from his hat "When did you get that?" He asked taking it back "When I was rooting around your memories I swiped it" I say as he attaches it back to his hat, activating the recording it had "Hey bud! I wanted to tell you something, I'm proud of you. When we first met you were a very different person, you weren't very good at just about anything. But one thing you were amazing at was being a special glow to every room your in, you bring a smile to just about everyone by being yourself and you mean the world to Uzi. I hope I get to see the day you and her have a family of your own, *sigh* Take care of our little gremlin would ya? She can be a handful but your a patient person, more then I am. You might not be the entire world to me but your one of the biggest parts of it and I just wanted you to hear it in case I never got to say it to you. Take care of yourself and I'm proud of you" it says as he dropped his hat, he looked up at me teary eyed and basically tackled me to the ground burying his head in my chest crying. I patted his back and eventually he let me go "Thanks Y/n" he says sniffling "Anytime, it's just something sweet to remember me by" I say "Why? Are you leaving or something?" He asked sitting down in his chair again, I sat down and paused for a moment "It's becoming a struggle to get out of bed" I say hanging my head "Why? Are you upset like Uzi was?" He asked "No, This body of mine it's dying, I'm dying N. I've realized it isn't like your guys bodies, I can't just do a quick fix and everything is better. It takes permanent damage and withers away over time, with the harsh environment and constant fighting it's taking it's toll on me" I say, N gets worried and moves closer putting his arm around me "I... I just don't know how much longer I can go pretending everything is alright, it hurts to get up, it hurts to move, it's hurts to laugh. And I'm only getting weaker" I say leaning back "Is there anything we can do to help?" He asked "No not really, I'm going to try and transfer myself to a new body but I have no idea if it will work. I'm a very different drone then you guys are. If I go offline I might never come back on" I say "Why wouldn't you? Your the smartest person on this plant! Theres no way you don't know how to do it!" He says trying to lift my spirit "I'm afraid N, I'm afraid I'll never get to see you guys again, it's part of why my messages are almost like goodbyes. Cause I don't know if I'll be able to do it" I say "I know you Y/n, I know you'll find a way to pull through. You always do" he say "Thanks N, let go give Uzi her gift and I'll break the news to them. I feel like they should know" I say getting up. "I'm sure they'll be supportive, they always are" he says.

We made our way back to the apartment and I opened the door to everyone there, Lizzy, Doll, J, V, Uzi, Mom, Dad, Thad, Lilly everyone was there with their gifts. I walked over to Uzi a handed her hers in silence before sitting down. "Alright I've already heard everyone else's, what teary message did you leave me?" She asked, I simply motioned for her to play it, I made her a little hair pin since she tried to keep her special eye covered I figured it would be helpful and stylish for her. She pressed the top in and it played "Hey Uzi, your going to hate me for this but here we go, I'm so over the moon watching you become to women you are, you've grown a lot from the angsty teen I lived with. You have matured and grown to the caring and loving sister I know and love with all my heart. I'm happy to have played such a big part in your life and been there for you in your darkest days. I just hope I can wake up and see you smile everyday, it's one of your best features after all. Thanks for being you Uzi I wouldn't ask for anyone else to be my sister, even if I had a million other choices I'd still choose you every time. I'll always be with you so you can always hear my voice whenever your upset. I'll love you forever and always." Silence filled the room as she got up walked over to me, she put the pin in my hand "Can you put that on for me?" She asked holding back her tears, I took her hat off and put it in her hair, she put her hat back on and curled into my chest not caring if everyone was watching us, "Thanks, I'll keep it safe" she says tears streaming down her face, "Well now that I have her buttered up, I think I should tell you all, I'm going to try and transfer myself to another body" I say getting a very poor reaction from everyone. "What!?" Some asked "Why!?" Others said, I felt Uzi clutch my chest as tight as she could "Why do you want to change!?" She asked. I sighed "I'm suffering, my body is broken and it's healed the best it can but I'm still hurting" I say "So it's because your in pain?" Lizzy asked. I sigh "When I look in the mirror I don't see the man I want to see, I see a broken beaten up and withered fighter who days of fighting are long gone. I'm not sure of how long I can keep going, but I know my path is coming to an end" I say "How long have you been feeling like this?" J asked "It was slow at first but after I lost my arm, I had to pretend that I was fine everyday. I didn't want you guys to be worried about me, I think I've figured out how to do it safely and I've already got a body modeled" I say "But..." V says "It's a disassembly drone that I've made to fit me better, only thing is I'm not one hundred percent certain it will work, it's not so simple as my powers are linked to me and not something my body does" I say "There not? I thought they were?" Doll says confused "I did to but it just some lines of code in my memory, they had to be unlocked for a lack of a better term." I say "So you made these gifts incase this doesn't work..." Thad says looking at his patch "Yes, I'm..... I'm afraid it won't work and I'll be gone for good, but if I don't do this then I'll live in pain till my body gives out and withers away. So I have to choose, a chance to live again, or to accept death and go with it" I say, "Well, let go get you your new body!" Khan says confidently. We left together hoping this would work.