6

Is anyone ready to read about the fight?

Jessa stands without fear before the giant beast in front of her. She looks the dragon over and shakes her head. She's not sure which of the deities does it, but her words softly spoken, meant only for the dragon in front of her to hear her is heard to all those in the battlefield.

"So, the cowardly and traitorous bitch finally decides to show up. You know, I have you to thank for becoming the person that I am. If you hadn't sent the blue dragon king to kill Reniel then my mother Rachel never would have moved near the elves. If you hadn't sent the blue dragon kin to kill my mother then I would never have been taken into Silva and raised by the best people I know.

"If you hadn't sent in that army years earlier to try to destroy Silva, Dhiren would have been married already and been completely miserable. So for that both he and I do thank you. But I think that is all the thanks you deserve. 

"You made a mistake when you sent the blue dragon king and his kin to the draw. You've done nothing but make the prophecy come true. You are perhaps the most incredibly selfish and stupid not to mention insane dragon to ever be born. 

"It's just too bad that the Ancient One  didn't take care of you sooner." Jessa sneers at the incensed dragon, "But then again, I'm glad he didn't because if he had then I wouldn't be the person that I am today. I wouldn't have my husband and I wouldn't have a reason to have saved the sun elves."

Jessa was never sure just which words were the final catalyst that caused the great beast to change to her humanoid form but when she did the fires in Jessa's eyes burned brighter. She's not going to give the dragon the chance to change back into the form that would be nearly impossible to kill her.

"You are an insolent one. I can see why my brother has chosen you for his champion. Your arrogance will be your undoing newborn."

"MY ARROGANCE?" Jess can't help but start laughing at the insulted dragon. The dragon is so astounded by that reaction that she holds back from attacking Jessa.

There is general laughter among all those that know Jessa. She doesn't even like to accept compliments let alone act better than any one else. Jessa is competent and does her best to make others that way as well. She isn't arrogant, she is sure of her abilities.  There is a vast difference between the two things.

The dragon looks around bewildered as the others join in the laughter. She screams out in anger before rushing Jessa. She has never liked feeling mocked and she has a feeling that Jessa and the others were doing just that.

Jessa had been watching closely, although it didn't seem like she had been. When the dragon attacked Jessa merely moved over a step and allowed her to run past her. She turns to watch as the dragon nearly loses her balance before turning to face Jessa once more. Her face was red with anger, embarrassment and humiliation.

Jessa had surreptitiously taken out a dagger, the one she had taken from the assassin a few weeks earlier and keeps it hidden in her hand by her side as the dragon makes another rush towards her.

Jessa slices with the knife this time, the wound about the same location as the one she received at the battle that lost her Nathan. "That's for my friend that died fighting alongside me, saving my life four years ago." Jessa says coolly. She steps back and her staff is suddenly in her hands.

Jessa doesn't hesitate and moves towards the enraged dragon. The dragon still in shock at Jessa actually wounding her takes a second too long to react and is barely able to avoid being hit more than once before moving out of the way.

She rolls far enough away to be able to call for her own weapon and is able to stop Jessa's next attack but finds it far more difficult than she had thought it would be. She hadn't believed all the tales told about Jessa. She had thought that they were all exaggerated. That's something she would have done, start rumors about fights she'd done. She'd let her reputation do the work for her. She had no idea that Jessa had actually done the work that was said about her.

She finds herself giving ground slowly before Jessa, step by slow step.

Jessa spins and whips her staff faster than she has ever done before. Even Jethro and the Ancient One stare at the fight in awe and wonder as Jessa lets out everything she's been holding back all these years.

The dragon doesn't even dare to switch over to her sword, which she is far more proficient in. A good staff man can remove the sword from her hands and there is no doubt in her mind that Jessa would be able to do that.

Jessa ignores all distractions including the arrow that was fired by one of the surviving enemies. She trusts her armor to protect her and focuses entirely on the one that has brought so much misery to so many.

A lucky strike by the dragon disarms Jessa from her staff, but it doesn't take even a second before her sword is in her hand. Once more it's Kelton that runs out and collects the discarded staff.

Kelton is almost back to where he had been when he slips and falls he hears a snap and then excruciating pain hits him. It's Dennis that goes out and grabs the downed elf and takes him to where the healers are.

Dennis doesn't waste any time and returns to viewing the fight.  He is in complete awe of the woman his cousin has married.

He isn't surprised to find that the dragon also now has a sword in her hands. 

Jessa and the outlaw dragon move so fast and their strikes are so often that it's one continuous blur and noise of metal meeting metal.

The blades are moving so fast against each other that sparks are flying.

Some of the sparks light the vegetation on fire. Most of those fires are quickly put out, but some aren't noticed. Slowly the fires grow. Only then do the deities take their attention away from the two fighters that are still going just as fast and furious as before.

The attackers and defenders are slowly coming to notice the growing flames and smoke and are beginning to flee before the flames. The only two to not pay attention to the flames are the combatants.

The heat and flames and smoke seem to avoid the clearing where the two are fighting. Soon only the body guards and Dhiren remain. The deities having taken the survivors of both armies out. They make sure that the wounded are cared for and the enemy are dealt with appropriately. 

But their attention time and again strays back to the forest and the fight that they can still hear over the flames of the fire.

Dhiren watches breathlessly as his wife keeps up the onslaught against the wicked dragon.

He has no idea how she is able to keep up the ferocity of the attack that has been going on for more than an hour with neither one gaining or losing the advantage over the other.

Jessa slips and falls. Dhiren in horror can't help the cry of despair as the dragon takes immediate advantage by sitting on Jessa and putting her sword to her throat.

Dhiren hopes that the same move Jessa did against him all those years ago will also work against the other dragon.

The dragon leans down to whisper something in Jessa's ear before raising the blade for the killing stroke.

Dhiren shakes his head, but now it's not in despair. The dragon had made her final mistake if Jessa is as prepared as he believes her to be.

Jessa moves even faster than he'd seen before including the fight he'd been watching. Jessa doesn't bother with getting the bitch off of her she just strikes with the dagger she had and hits the dragon in the heart.

Jessa pushes the shocked dragon off of her and stands up. "You will never triumph over the forces of good." Jessa states and takes the dragon's head off. 

She bends down and picks up the head of her foe then holds it up for her elves to see clearly. There is cheering by them all. 

All of them except Dhiren.

He makes it to her side before she falls and catches her up and runs for the healers. Their guard is running behind them. They leave the burning of Lexin behind as they race to save their princess and to report to those that weren't able to see the end of the fight.