18

They head to the throne room but are redirected. Apparently the ballroom was turned into the war room and that's where all the leaders were gathering.

Jessa stops Dhiren as they look to see the changes since they were there last. The room was busy with people moving quickly and they had to move out of the way so that messengers could get in and out. They could feel the presence of the little dragons as they too are busily sending messages to those in charge.

"Dhiren, Jessa, over here," the king calls out gaining their attention.

The two make their way through all the hustle and bustle to the table that the others are looking over. A magical map is showing a three dimensional representation of Silva. Jessa catches her breath, not just Silva but Castlerock and even Kyron, although Kyron is barely on the map.

She looks up and finds Zira's eyes on her. "Did you really think that we wouldn't do our best to protect those that can't protect themselves?"

Jessa shakes her head and fights the tears. "It isn't that, Lady Zira, I believed that you and Kaiston would be focused on Silva, as would the dragon leaders since their people are here as well. I know that there is little love lost between all the races and the humans. Dragons don't think much of them and elves sneer at them, especially the sun elves."  Jessa says baldly there are winces all around the table at the truth of her words, especially Kaiston. He doesn't even dare to look at Jessa, not after what he witnessed her doing for his people.

"Jessa, we know that the people of Castlerock and to a lesser extent those of Kyron are loved by you. You have spent a great deal of time, and even money in some cases to help them." Zira starts speaking but another breaks in.

"Most of the people of Castlerock and Kyron are mine. I would never leave them defenseless unless I had no other choice, Jessa." Jethro is the one that dares to speak over the elven goddess who gives him an irritated look before continuing.

"The humans came to fight against an overwhelming force, they knew that they couldn't take on the dragons and still they went to fight." Zira shakes her head before looking hard at Jessa.

"Do you know why they came to fight against the odds?" Zira demands of Jessa. When Jessa just shakes her head Zira continues. "It's because of you. If you could rally a people that were basically helpless against the majority of the army they were going against, how could we leave them to suffer when they were willing to sacrifice for us?"

With those words Jessa couldn't hold back the tears. "Thank you everyone. I couldn't imagine, I-" Jessa can't go on since she starts sobbing. She had never expected all of them to help defend the humans, even the assassin goddess was there directing her people. Although, Jessa isn't sure how Shandira's assassins would be able to fight against the dragons.

"They are supplying arrows and weapons, helping to take the wounded to healers as they are needed. Even my people realize that if the dragons win they will not last long." Shandira answers her unspoken question. She is rather pleased that she is a part of the surprise that makes Jessa cry in happiness. She's not used to making people happy by helping people to survive.

They are all shocked when Jessa goes around the table and gives all the gods hugs and thanks for their help in protecting not just Silva but the humans as well. Then she willingly hugs the king and queen as well. Everyone around the table is shocked into silence for several minutes by her actions. Not a few of them have tears in their eyes as well. Namely Alaric, the Ancient one, Jethro, and a very shocked Kaiston. Zira turns away as she gets her emotions under control. The other dragon dieties aren't sure how to react. Other than possibly family they haven't really ever hugged or been hugged before.

The shocked atmosphere is broken as several of the tiny dragons appear and start giving their messages. Mel and the little dragon that stayed with Josnick appear and Jessa turns white. She thinks it's a good thing that she didn't get dressed in the dress that was laid out for her, but instead had chosen clean leggings and a tunic. She had also grabbed her weapons but Dhiren had talked her out of those, she could always call them up by magic if they are needed.

The messages are listened to intently then Zira and Jethro send Jessa and her guards to the newest fight. 

Dhiren is less than happy that he wasn't included in the group that left.

"It's a diversion. Or it likely is, you and your guards are the best ones able to fight against the attack that will hit us here." Zira tells the angry young dragon.

"Peace, young Dhiren. If you hadn't noticed Jethro is with her. He won't allow anything to happen to her." The Ancient one does his best to calm the angry youngling. 

"She is my wife!" Dhiren tells him hotly but before he can continue the gold god interrupts.

"Yes, and you have a duty here just as she has a duty there. When the chromatics learn that Jessa is at the caravan where do you think they'll attack? They'll come here. You and your guards are needed. The dragons are already in the air, but you are nearly as deadly with a bow as you are a blade. Fight the dragons that will be coming to destroy Silva."

Dhiren hates to accept the directive, but recognizes that the dragon god has the right of it.

"We know that you are a brilliant fighter when Jessa and you are fighting together, but we need both of you in two different locations. She would not be happy with you joining her if it means less protection for her family." Zira's words make Dhiren stand up straighter. No, if he joins Jessa now and something happens to Sorid or the children, Jessa would never forgive him. He's not sure that she would forgive him if he stays and fights and something happens.

"She's not that unreasonable, Dhiren. Jessa is well aware that in fighting there are casualties. They are unavoidable, all she would expect of you is for you to do your best." It is Kallen that tells him this. "That's all any of us can do. She knows this. Come, we have a fight to win."

Kallen no sooner speaks than they are taken to where they suspect the fight will take place. Dhiren finds his armor and weapons are on him as they find their footing. Not the smoothest of transportation but speed is more important.

He takes his bow and strings it up. His guards and those that are around Silva follow suit. Most not understanding why, but they expect that if the Prince is sent here that fighting is about to start.

"Welcome back prince, general." The leader of the guards for that section says even as he scans the skies for the incredible agile creatures that have been harassing them.

"Thank you. Have you had much activity here?" Kallen asks. 

Dhiren meanwhile is scanning the forest. He isn't about to take the chance on dragons being in human form and killing them that way. 

He lets fly an arrow and hears a loud curse as it lands true. It wasn't a death shot, Dhiren didn't have a clear enough target, but it did it's job.

"They don't just fly. Make sure that you watch the forest as well. It'll likely be green dragons that will come through the forest. They might even come in their dragon forms." Dhiren instructs even as he is busily scanning the forest around them. 

He takes out another arrow and it too finds a target, this time a slow killing shot unless the dragon gets some help. Dhiren goes over to the dragon and makes sure that it doesn't receive that assistance in time.

By now all around him arrows are flying and finding their marks. Dhiren goes to fight those that aren't hurt bad enough to die. It doesn't take him long to hear the clash of swords as his guard joins him. The regular guards, the army of the elves keep their watch on the skies above and they too have several targets to shoot. Occasionally a dragon even falls from the sky. 

Suddenly the sky is covered in dragons with the sun glinting off the metallic scales and the guards sigh in relief as they turn to the land fight. Frustrated at the lack of melee fighting they race to fight the humanoid dragons.