15

After all the wounded had been seen too, and most of the wounds healed and Kristoff fed they head back to the army. 

Kristoff starts following Jessa somewhat like a lost puppy and people start noticing it. It doesn't take long for the curiosity to overcome those that stayed behind, especially Kallen.

"Jessa, why is Kristoff acting like a puppy dog with you? And more importantly, why are you allowing it?" Kallen is really wanting to know this. He knows that she has forgiven Kristoff or he wouldn't be anywhere near Dhiren, let alone in the elite guards. 

"Well, when we attacked Kristoff acquitted himself very nicely, but he failed to stop an attack that proved damn near fatal to him. In order to save him, since dragon blood got into him, he had to turn into a gold dragon. Meet my newest guard for life." Jessa tells her adopted father with a smirk.

Kallen, rocks back onto his heels at her words. "You trust him that much?"

Jessa turns to Kristoff and lightly grabs his chin while looking at him consideringly, "Oh yeah, he will serve me faithfully for the rest of his life. Perhaps even beyond, we shall see just how diligent his service is." Jessa says that last thinking ahead to what she was told by Fey. Perhaps Kristoff will become her first cleric once she ascends to godhood. But then she shakes off those thoughts.

"He's been reassigned to me. Why don't we move Ricardo over to Dhiren's guard. I'll have Sorsha and Kristoff work with him even harder." Jessa still isn't pleased with Ricardo, but after having seen her in action at the battle with the ancient dragon he'd been rather cowed and avoids her. But then so do the other guards if they can arrange it. Only Sorsha and Kristoff had been unable to avoid her.

"Kristoff, you need to start your workout learning about your new abilities. Let's see how well you do against Ricardo first off." Jessa instructs as soon as they make camp that night. Jessa had been chaffing at having to wait but at the same time didn't dare call a halt any earlier than they absolutely had to. With Zira taking off after the transformation of one of hers means that things were heating up in Silva.

Dhiren comes over to stand by her as they watch Kristoff's performance with his new body. Jessa keeps her thoughts to herself but nods once sharply as she moves to the ring and tells Ricardo to get his bruises looked at. She rather thinks that he might have some broken bones where he failed to stop Krisoff's attack.

Jessa leans in and whispers something to Kristoff who nods and takes up the stance to go against Jessa.

Jessa calls a halt after about fifteen minutes before telling him to go get some food and to get some rest.

Kristoff doesn't wait to be told a second time. Although he'd eaten a decent sized deer before they came back he's hungrier than he's ever recalled being before.

The moon is riding high in the sky and it's music calls to Jessa and Dhiren more than any other time than their marriage. As they dance all watch in awe at the two move in perfect sync and so gracefully that it brings tears to the eyes of many of them. Among them is Kallen as he thinks of his beloved wife and children back at Silva and Dennis.

As Dennis watches with his jaw dropped in awe Kaiston  comes next to him.  "I think it is time that we start the dances of worship back up once the war is over."

"I don't know if any of us could do them justice." Dennis replies to his god still without taking his eyes off his cousin and his wife.

"I will have them retaught to my children." Kaiston says softly not sure if that would be permitted in his sister's territory, her place of power.