Chapter 4

Harry placed a plate of pancakes topped with maple syrup down in front of me and sat down opposite me.
"Harry, these are incredible pancakes!" I complimented hoping to avoid the elephant in the room.
"Thank you, you are very kind,"
sounding like the posh doctor he is.
"But we have to talk about ...you" I sighed and refocused my attention onto my hands.
"Do you know any family members or friends phone numbers?" I shook my head whilst he obviously thought if another idea.
I took my plate to the sink washed it and placed it on the drying rack.
"You know, life wasn't that great in Australia. I didn't have any friends and my only family were my parents. I'll just start again here. I'll look for a job tomorrow and look into renting a house."
"What do you study at school?" Harry questioned intrigued.
"Psychology I'm studying to become a counsellor."
"I'll get you a job to become my therapist for my patients. How's that sound?"
"THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU," I said and pounced on the back of him carelessly forgetting he was still eating his pancakes. He coughed a little, surprised.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Everything i worked for in Australia. All those years of just wanting to be accepted and wanted. All came down to a single sentence, produced by a man I'd only just met.

I picked up a newspaper on my way back to the room I'd been sleeping in. 'House for rent. 500€ a month' that one seemed a little too expensive for the occupation I'd acquired. Maybe I'll look for a room.
"Tamika, What about this one?" A mans voice questioned from the doorway.
"Mate, you shouldn't do that, you scared the living daylight outta me," I replied visibly shaking.
I jumped off the bed and peered over the newspaper to see the advert Harry was pointing at. The picture was of an enormous apartment complex that seemed oddly familiar. Then it clicked.