Chapter 2

"Harry, but seeing your my patient you can all me Doctor Styles. These three girls here are Asha, Ella and Carly. They are doing work experience here for the next couple of days. Anyways, I brought you here when I saw you wrist. My diagnosis is that you are suffering from depression," a tear escaped my left eye, I wiped it away and refocused my attention to Doctor Styles." Hey girls, could you please go check on Mr. Smith in room 1337? ."

The girls rolled their eyes and headed out the door. "It's ok babe." He sat down on the bed beside me and pushed a strand of my brown hair outta my eyes. "It's okay, we have a great staff here that will help you out." A gradient smile appeared on his face and I looked down finding a sudden interest in my hands.

"Listen Tamika, although you probably don't notice this at the moment things will get better. You've got the rest of your life to live."

I nodded, not believing a single word he said. My whole life was ruined. "How?!? I'm in a foreign country, with no money and no way to contact my family in Australia. Things can't get better. It's impossible." Tears started to stream down my face. I faced away from Doctor Styles and wiped my face clean.

"Honey, you don't have to look away. I'm a doctor I've seen it all!' I could sense a small smirk had crept onto his face. "How about this? You can stay with me until one of your friends comes over here and picks you up."

"Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather sleep on the street in a cardboard box. Then be an annoyance to you". I stated the truth.

A small gasp left Harry's mouth," you wouldn't be an annoyance. I'd love some company. My house is so quite and boring!"

"What about your girlfriend? I don't think she'll...." Harry cut me off," I'm single."

"Umm that's kinda impossible. I mean look at you," I paused and scanned my eyes across his body," not a flaw visible! Mate, your buff as!" Harry erupted with laughter," you..must..still..be..heavily...sedated!" He stated between his laughing fit.

I ripped the cords and tubes off of me and got out of the bed. "Tamika! I haven't dismissed you uet!"

"Yeah well if I'm going to your house why does it matter?"

His vivid green eyes lit up, "on that note, let me sign you out. My shift ends in," he glanced down at his watch,"well 5 minutes ago. Lets go."