EPIPHANY

I can feel the mist, all over me. It's morning at 5.30. The sweet morning bliss. I'm waking up listening to A&W. It's been almost 6 months since 10th grade started. Nothing unusual or exciting happened ever since. But today, I feel like something's gonna happen. I went to my class. And guess what the first period was Math!! Like that's the one thing I would never wish for. I was hanging out with my friends then. Well, nothing actually happened. I checked my Instagram. Woah new follow request?! who would that clown be, I thought opening his page until it was a guy from 12th grade in my school. Oh ye, I remember him, he was this guy I used to talk to. And he was in a relationship. Well, let me just accept it. I accepted and he sent me messages that night. We were talking and ye I was pretty much doing that instead of focusing on my Math test the next day which was worth half my grades. And a random thought popped up. He is in a relationship and what is he doing talking to me, I thought. I asked him too. He told me that they broke up. And I'll never know why but I got a sense of satisfaction after hearing that. The next day morning things quite changed. The guy who just used to wave at me was now talking to me. Of course, I bragged about it to all of my friends. I was writing my Math test, and he was crossing by. Right by my window seat. He saw me. I saw him too. We caught the eyes of each other looking at us. At that moment, I saw all of the stars in his eyes. He smiled, not really like a smile but something that was just enough to flatter me for a second. He was heading out to chemistry class. The class was over and it was pouring just enough to make a date perfect. My PE teacher called out my name and his name out in the hallway. I was sorta afraid that something happened but ye it was nothing but appointee duties. So he and I were school prefects. And that day we were supposed to collect some things from the Principal's office and take it to the auditorium, which was like a mile away. We went to pick up stuff from the office. And he glanced at me and oml- he did the same thing he did earlier. And I picked up half of the stuff and he picked the other half. I'm a bad holder and I dropped a trophy. I bent down to pick it up and when I was about to take it he reached out to it. Hands touching each other and the butterflies crossing all over. He was like "I can take it". And we headed out. We didn't talk much for a while. And suddenly he asked me "you ever had a boyfriend". And I said "No" (typical Indian teen's answer). And he asked me "what would you do if someone confessed to you".  I said, "let someone do that and I'll think about it". He smirked. And I chuckled. The tension that was growing between us each and every second was intense. He was so fine. His hair was perfect. His smile, damn. And all of a sudden he stopped walking. I asked him what happened. He told me that there is something he got to tell me. I knew this was that moment. Love Story running in the background. And then he said this. 

I NEED TO PEE. 

Wow. Well, Harshitha, that's what you get for reading too many romcoms I thought to myself. And I was like ye sure, I can carry all the stuff to the auditorium. And he said, "thanks, I'd appreciate that". And left me midway. I carried everything all by myself to the auditorium. I returned back to my class. And since the downpour was heavy it was announced that today would be a half day. I  headed back to home. Mom and dad usually come by 9 at the night. But today I was at home by 1 pm. I was hella bored. Opened my Instagram and Snapchat. Nothing interesting. I then heard someone knocking at my door. That was him!!! Yes, that was him. I was like "what are you doing here" and I pulled him by his sleeve into my house. He apologized for leaving me mid-way. Though I wasn't cool about it, I said, "we're cool". He was wet from the rain. I asked him if I could bring him a towel, but instead, he pulled me close to him. He then slowly took my hair and slid it away from my face. He told me "You're a god's sculpture dropped right from heaven". I smiled and just looked at him. And ye I wasn't prepared for this. I said "I think I left something on the stove" and I ran to the kitchen. I made him popcorn and we were watching Ginny and Georgia. It was around 6 and he told me that it was time for him to leave. He then also told me that he'd called me tonight.