These Nights Are Ours (Part Two)

December 2019

Jes has just finished packing his bags for their spontaneous trip to Baguio. He and Avery agreed to continue the plan they had before. They don't even know kung may maabutan silang bus na pa-Baguio sa terminal mamaya. But about that matter, they both decided na pupunta na lang sila sa kahit saan kung wala man sila maabutang pa-Baguio.

After double-checking everything, Jes decided to check the fridge to see what he can prepare for snacks para sa byahe mamaya.

He didn't find much in the fridge dahil ang naiwan na lang do'n ay mga ingredients na pinamili ng Mama niya for his meals habang wala sila.

He then decided to make some sandwiches and go to the convenience store nearby. There, he got some chips and drinks na pambaon.

But while on the line, some things caught Jes's attention. There is something in him that tells him to pick them up and so he did.

Should he get them? And the bigger question is: will they be able to use them?

"Sir, sama po natin 'yan?" the cashier politely asked.

To avoid the hold up, Jes nodded at binigay sa cashier ang hawak niya. The cashier then punched them in and Jes paid for everything he bought.

He and Avery decided na magpapasundo na lang siya rito and they'll go together to the terminal. While waiting for Avery, Jes continued to prepare snacks for them.

After a few hours, Avery finally arrived at umalis na nga sila papunta sa terminal. They were thinking of a bus terminal somewhere in Manila since they heard they have buses traveling to Baguio tonight.

Gabi na pero marami pa ring tao sa terminal when they arrived. Must be people na hahabol sa Christmas vacation sa probinsya.

"Love, hold my hand. Medyo maraming tao, baka mahiwalay ka."

Jes wasn't able to respond yet when Avery already took his hand. Their fingers intertwined with each other and Avery held him tight as they walked.

This is not the first time that they held hands but Jes is just noticing now that Avery's arms are actually much, much bigger than his. His free hand seemed like it had a mind of its own because it suddenly touched Avery's arms.

Naramdaman ni Avery ang paghawak ni Jes sa braso niya and it brought a proud smile on his face.

"You know what, I changed my mind. Kumapit ka na lang sa braso ko, Love. Mas secured pala."

"Fine. Who am I to take down the offer, right?" Jes joked and immediately clung to Avery's arms. Jes felt so good holding him.

He has never done PDA ever before. Enzo might be clingy kapag silang dalawa lang but he has reservations when they're in public.

Avery's different though. Wala itong pakialam sa kung anong iisipin ng mga tao. What's important for him is to be able to show people he love how much he loves them.

Destiny seemed like it was also on their side tonight. There are two more trips headed to Baguio tonight at kahit mahaba ang pila they were able to secure seats for the first trip. They were seated at the back most seats though pero okay na rin siguro. At least they'd have more peace.

"I made some snacks. You want some?" Jes asked after a few minutes of their trip.

"Will you feed me?" Avery asked with a mischievous smile.

"Of course."

And Avery is actually serious dahil hindi talaga nito kinuha ang sandwich kay Jes as he let him feed him.