One Night's Mistake

January 2020

Christmas and New Year passed by and even if Jes and Avery didn't spend them together, they made sure that they felt each other's presence.

Today's their first monthsary. It felt like they just made their relationship official pero isang buwan na pala ang lumipas. Lately, Jes noticed that Avery is hustling hard, selling his shoes and also accepting more commissions from people who want themselves drawn.

Minsan nga ay nakakalimot pa itong reply. Sobrang busy siguro talaga because he had to make time for his studies and to make money at the same time.

Jes doesn't know why Avery seems like he needs more money lately. Maybe they're having a financial problem. Maybe there is an increase to his tuition fee, and knowing Avery, hindi naman 'to mahilig umasa sa iba. He would only accept the help of his parents if expenses are too high for him but other than that, ito na ang gumagawa ng paraan.

Avery is less fortunate than Jes pero wala naman 'tong kinukwentong kahit ano.

So now, Jes decided to get him a pair of basketball shoes for their monthsary. It's a bit expensive but with all the hard work and hustling he sees from Avery, he believes he deserves it.

Jes and Avery also haven't talked about what they'll do to celebrate their monthsary pero bahala na. What's important is they'll celebrate it together.

What Avery just told him is that he will pick him up and true to his words, he picked him up at around 7PM.

"Saan nga tayo pupunta?" Jes asked Avery for what felt like the hundredth time already.

Avery pretended that he's already annoyed which made Jes laugh. "Kulit mo naman, Love. Paano pa magiging surprise 'pag sinabi ko sa'yo?"

He also aimed for Jes's cheek and gave it a slight squeeze.

"I just want to have even a slight idea of what we're going to do. We might go swimming tapos wala man lang akong dalang damit," Jes bluffed.

"You can swim naked, then."

Jes reached out to Avery's pec and pinched it.

"You want me to flash my body to everyone in the pool?"

"Who said we're going to a public resort?" Avery asked. "Sa ilog lang tayo, Love. Mga batang hamog lang makakakita ng katawan mo."

They both cracked up with Avery's comment but when their laughter died down, Avery also added, "Basta, don't worry, Love. I'll make sure that we'll enjoy the night."

Avery continued driving and after a while Jes figured out that they're actually on the way to Tagaytay.

But what surprised him is that he realized that they're on their way to his Kuya Teddie's house. He has a lot of questions for Avery but before he could even ask them, he already confirmed his suspicions when his car stopped sa harap mismo ng gate nila Kuya Teddie.

"Why are we here exactly? Don't tell me si Kuya Teddie ang pinagluto mo ng dinner!" Jes gave Avery a horrified look. It would be divine to have Kuya Teddie's spicy seafood platter for their monthsary pero nakakahiya kaya!

Avery shrugged, showing nonchalance. "Pumayag naman si Kuya Teddie, e. You don't have to worry about it."

Jes hit his arm and Avery just laughed about it. "Avery, nakakahiya! Are you two even that close?"

"Relax, Love, hindi ko pinagluto si Kuya Teddie. They're still in Bulacan, remember?" Avery replied. "Or do you even know? Grabe, mas close pa pala kami ni Kuya Teddie kesa sa'yo."

"Kayo na ang close!" Jes retorted. "And of course, I know they're still in Bulacan."

Well, Jes can't even deny that there is a possibility na mas close na nga si Avery kay Kuya Teddie ngayon. He and Kuya Teddie have never been close.