Chapter 35

Tally

After I arrived at the bar, last night played over and over again in my head. The sex was beyond amazing, but we hadn't spoken since this morning. I had not received a single text message and it was concerning. This was very unlike him.

It made me suddenly question what he really wanted. His words stuck in my head, but was I really all his? I did not want to ask because I was afraid of what he could say, but it was the only way I could get clarification. 

Even at the age of almost 25, I didn't need another temporary thing like Ryder. It felt good at the time but after I found his true colors, I wanted nothing to do with him. The thoughts of moving in with him made me want to say yes, but I feared it would be yet another mistake I've made in my life. 

Ignoring the negative thoughts, I was able to get through my shift until Frank told me that he was allowing me to go home early tonight. "Frank, I don't mind."

"Tally, you work your ass off every night. The least I can do is to let you go home early."

"That's not necessary."

"I insist. I will see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay."

After grabbing my purse, I went outside, only to be greeted by Ryder. "Hello, lovely. You never returned any of my calls."

"You fucking threated me, you bastard. What do you expect me to even say to you?"

"He doesn't know you the way I do."

"He sure as hell treats me better."

"Oh, please. I paid you everyday, yet you still bitched and complained about it."

"That's not true!"

"Yes it is, was I not good enough for you?"

"You blackmailed me!"

He smiled. "You'll always be mine."

"You wish, Ryder. I want NOTHING to do with you. I am leaving."

As I reached for my door handle, he grabbed my wrist. "Who said we're done, bitch?"

"Let go of me, that hurts."

"I will when we are finished with our conversation."

"I want nothing to do with you, Ryder. Especially now."

"You are coming with me, Tally. You got it?"

"No."

He clenched my arm tighter, increasing the pain. I tried to cry out for help, but his other hand covered my mouth. "I am not afraid to hurt you right now," he whispered. "He is not here to save you, nor will anyone else." 

He grabbed my car keys out of my hand and shoved me in the drivers' seat before getting in the passenger seat. "Drive. Now."

"But..."

"No buts. NOW!"

I was afraid to argue with him because I had no idea what he could do to me, but I was beyond scared, especially the moment we arrived at his house, and he dragged me inside. "You are staying here tonight, Tally."