Chapter 14: Bottoms Up (part 3)

After all of us finished our pizza, we tossed out the box and moved the dirty plates to the dishwasher. I sat back down and went into my phone and opened the list from earlier. I read over it till my eyes landed on the next game of the night.

    "Alrighty then, next game we are playing is never have I ever. Same rules apply, except instead of putting a finger down, you take a shot. Everyone gets five shots. If you drink all of them, you're out. Whoever has the most shots left by the end, wins." I explained. Everyone nodded. All of us were buzzed and boardering on tipsy now. Charlie was a bit sobered up now by the pizza. Angel grabbed the shot glasses and set out five in front of each of us. I grabbed the tequila and poured it out into each one till they were all full. I set the bottle back down and went back to my seat.

    "I suppose I'll start...hmm..." I thought about what they all might have done that would force them all to take a shot except for myself.

    "Never have I ever been in hell for more than a year." I smirked. All of them groaned at me for taking such a cheap shot as the all reached for a shot glass. Everyone downed a shot and slammed their empty glass back onto the table.

    "Who's next?" I asked. Niffty piped up.

    "Me me!! Ok! Never have I ever shattered an entire China set." She said quickly. Charlie groaned in annoyance.

   "It was one time, and it wasn't even my fault!" She grumbled, shooting a glare at Alastor who smiled proudly.

    "I simply made my presence known, you got scared and fell into the display case. That seems like a you problem, princess." He said slyly. Charlie sighed before taking another shot, bumping her down to three left. Vaggie smirked putting her hand up voluntarily. She glared at Al as if she was on a mission to destroy him.

     "Never have I ever made a bet with a talking tv." She said with sass. Alastor's smile remained, but his eyes narrowed at Vaggie. He kept his eyes glued to her as he picked up another shot glass. I laughed.

   "Wait what?" I asked between giggles. Alastor downed the shot.

    "Do you remember Vox from the party at Lucifer's?" He asked. I racked my brain for a face to go with the name. Then I remembered.

   "Oh! Him? What was the bet?" I asked. Alastor sighed and Vaggie snickered.

   "It's not a question of what, (Y/N), it's a question of which one." She stated. I furrowed my brow.

   "How many bets have you made with this guy?" I asked Al. Al sighed.

    "Too many to recall. If I had to guess, it's somewhere in the thousands...I've rarely lost bets with him but there have been a few times he's gotten the upperhand." He admitted. I opened my mouth but was cut off by Al before I could ask. "None of which I'm willing to discuss currently." He said, clearly embarrassed. Vaggie laughed.

   "Ok...my turn then!" Angel piped up. Our attention turned to him. Angel looked at me.

    "Never have I ever pretended to be a walrus with pocky as tusks." He smirked. I rolled my eyes.

    "Knew you'd pull that one out to smite me sometime." I said as he pulled up a picture of me with 2 sticks of pocky held between my upper lip and gums like tusks, posed like a walrus. Everyone giggled at the image as I downed my shot. Al glanced at me from behind his monocle, twisting his microphone staff in his hand.

"Never have I ever...." I trailed off, my mind going blank as I tried to mentally pry my eyes away from his. "Um...n-never have I ever been kissed." I blurted out. My eyes widened in slight shock as the words left my mouth. Al's smile softened and his eyebrows raised with equal surprise. My face grew hot.

"Wait, you WHAT?!" I heard Angel yell. I finally tore my gaze away from Al and threw it towards Angel. I shrugged. "But how?!" He whined. I snorted.

"What do you mean how? I just never had anyone want to do that to me when I was alive. I never really felt the desperate need to kiss anyone there anyways...I know for a fact you all have been kissed before so one shot, each of you." I pointed out. They all groaned as they reached out for a shot glass. Everyone except....Al. He stared at me still, not reaching for any of the shots in front of him. Holy shit....that means...he hasn't kissed anyone before either! I didn't realize I was staring too until I heard him speak.

       "Alrighty, my turn then, let's see...never have I ever been shorter than 7 feet tall." He said with a sly grin. We all groaned and took another shot, except for 8 foot tall Angel who was snickering. I slyly kicked Angels leg and he pouted.

    "Hey! That's assault." He said.

    "And that's a dumbass." I said pointing at him. Angel gasped dramatically.

    "How dare you...you know I prefer the term himbo..." Angel said in a fake sad voice as he crossed his arms. I flipped him off and he did the same with his extra arms, as he used his main ones to straighten up his chest fluff. My head started to feel hot as I felt the alcohol starting to hit me. I stood up and stretched.

    "Ok, well, I'm gonna take a quick break and get some air for a couple minutes you guys. Keep it going if you want." I informed them. Everyone hummed in agreement as I turned and walked towards the main doors. I opened them and stepped out into the warm night air. As the door shut behind me I pulled out my phone and put in my earbuds. I put on some music as I took a minute to myself. As I sat, I noticed an odd noise that wasn't from my music. Nonetheless, I recognized it as usual.

   "Come to join me Al?" I asked, taking out my earbuds. Al set down his staff and took a seat next to me. He looked at me like he was trying to say something but couldn't quite get the words out. I furrowed my brow.

   "I suppose, I wanted to talk to you." He said. I nodded.

   "I see. So, what did you want to talk to me about?" I asked him. He looked down at his staff, which he rolled back and forth on the ground with his hand.

   "Before, in the kitchen..." I cocked my head in confusion.

   "What about it?" I asked. He sighed.

"I apologize for freezing up and backtracking. It was rude...." He apologized. I shrugged.

"It's ok Al, I understand if you didn't want to or anything." I said. Al raised his eyebrows.

   "What? No no no, I didn't mean it that way." He said.

"Wait....what?" I asked. He cleared his throat.

"Ehm....I did actually want to kiss you. I just...I suppose I got nervous and stopped myself after I got spooked by the others. It was almost my-"

"Your first kiss?" I asked. Al nodded.

"Indeed. It would've been yours too I take it?" He asked. I nodded my head.

"That is correct." I confirmed. There was a moment or two of pure awkward silence.

"So um....what happens now?" He asked. I shrugged.

"No idea. I guess when it doubt, wait and try again later when the time feels right." I suggested. Al pondered for a second before humming in agreement.

"Fine idea, (Y/N)." He complimented, standing up and dusting himself off. He then picked up his staff and extended a gentlemanly hand down to me. "Shall we then?" He asked. I took his hand and he pulled me up, onto my feet. However, as he pulled, we built up too much momentum, causing me to wobble and fall into him. Al caught me and held me, without any loss of balance. I laughed nervously as I felt my face grow hot. Whether it was from Al or the alcohol, I have no idea.

"Um...heh...th-thanks Al." I stuttered, carefully standing myself back on my own feet. Al grabbed my hand, brought it up to his lips and planted a soft kiss on the back of it.

"Anytime my dear...Anytime."