Chapter 7: Memory Games

After the song ended, a few other demons wanted to dance, including Lucifer, Husker and Angel. After a little while of swapping dance partners and giving them the ol' razzle-dazzle, I felt my feet start to grow sore so I made my way over to the bar and took a seat. The bartender turned to me to get my drink order and I thought for a second.

"Rum and Coke please." I told him. He nodded and turned to pour it. I started to zone out as I waited.

"(Y/N)!" I heard a voice scream faintly which snapped me out of my daze. I turned frantically to be met with a confused and concerned looking Lucifer.

"Something wrong?" He asked. I looked around quickly before shaking my head.

"No I don't think so..." I answered. Lucifer nodded.

"Good, well I wanted to introduce you to a few people." He said gesturing to two demons standing right behind him. As he stepped aside they each looked at me up in down like they were sizing me up or inspecting me.

"(Y/N), this is Vox and Valentino. Vox, Valentino, this is (Y/N), she is a friend of my daughters." He said.

"Pleased to meet you little miss." Vox said with an interesting smile.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance." Valentino hissed with a bone chilling grin. Something was off about these two and I didn't really like it, but I didn't dare show it.

"So, (Y/N), care to join me, Lucifer and Val in a game?" Vox asked. I sipped my drink as I thought about it for a second. I nodded.

"Sure, what kind of game?" I asked. The boys took me by the hand and walked me over to a side room with fewer people that was full of game stations.

"Any game you want, Lucifer has the place full of em'. See anything you like?" He asked. A pool table, a poker table, chess table, pinball machines, and more. I spotted an air hockey table and I knew immediately that was the one I would go with.

"Air hockey, anyone?" I asked turning back to the 4 demons. Then, all at once, they each grinned at me as if to say 'Game on bitch!'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Alastor's POV)

I had a wonderful dance with (Y/N), and soon everyone joined in and I couldn't help but notice a feeling in my chest. It seemed, familiar. But I couldn't quite place it. It was soft but very strong.

"See Alastor, I was right." I heard. Husker stood in front of me smirking with a drink in his hand.

"Whatever do you mean?" I asked raising an eyebrow. He scoffed at me.

"Oh come on, you don't just have a moment like that with someone and not have feelings for them. Especially if you don't normally even let people touch you and live to tell the tale without a few scrapes and bruises." Husker sipped his drink as he watched my smile soften. The more I thought about it, the more I realized it could be true. I opened my mouth to speak but suddenly my train of thought was interrupted by the sound of cheers and applause.

"Huh?" We both turned in the direction of the sounds and saw a crowd forming in the game room. In that same moment, I looked around and realized (Y/N) wasn't in the room with us anymore.

"Where's (Y/N)?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Your POV)

"Shwoopsie! Haha sorry Val, nice try but ya still missed my shot!" I laughed. Valentino scowled at me after losing for the fourth time. I had been taking turns playing against Val and Vox for a while. But both of them still had yet to beat me in a game of air hockey. Lucifer said he'd prefer to stand by and watch. So he stood against the wall behind the two demons and watched the chaos ensue. I hadn't realized it till that moment, but I guess our games had started drawing in a small crowd.