Chapter 3 - Just one project

- Is there any chance that you'll change your mind?

- What do you not like? I thought it would be interesting, and you can handle this project anyway, even on your own. Or... or did you not like the topic? I tried so hard to find an interesting topic for everyone, suitable for specialization and interests...

- Search and selection of bacteriocin-producing strains of marine bacteria in various ecosystems... this is a great topic, Hange, really, but I'm not talking about that... I'm talking about my project partner...

- Oh, I thought you'd do well.

- Is it possible to somehow change this? I'd rather work with someone from at least my year, or maybe a fourth year. This girl... she came on an exchange, and even a second-year. I don't think it's a good idea, I would like it to be interesting to work with and...

- That's why I thought it was a good idea. Y/N is very talented for her age, she came from Columbia University in New York, where she wrote several articles, she has good grades, she's the best in her course in the biology department. And she studies many versatile subjects in the field of medicine and biology. And I chose the topic for both of you - her main direction is microbiology and...

- I got it, got it, Hange. Thank you.

- I think you'll make friends, she seems like a nice girl, friendly, respectful and well-read, it will certainly be more interesting to work with her than many others...

It was a disappointment. Almost as soon as Armin found out who he was going to work with, he went to Hange to try to fix it. As they spoke, the auditorium was empty. Realizing that Hange wouldnt change they mind, thoughts began to swirl in his head. He thought maybe sign up for another course and drop this one... or get her to drop out, or was she already willing to drop out after the first class? She just left without saying anything to him. He didn't like the way he felt around this girl - as if she could see right through him.

He left the auditorium, heading somewhere, still in his thoughts...

- It didn't work out, right?

He froze in place. Slowly turning 180 degrees, he saw her standing against the wall, looking at him with tired eyes. Pushing off the wall, she walked over to him, handing him her phone with the contacts app open.

- Write the number, I'm not going to spend too much time here.

- Maybe I don't want to give you my number.

- You can not give it to me, I think every second girl knows it, I'll ask the first one I meet.

She put away her phone.

- I don't give my number to everyone for certain reasons.

- You know, for the best student in the course, you're a bit dumb. If we have to work together, how can we contact? I'd rather keep face-to-face meetings to a minimum.

- You obviously don't like it. Can you drop the course?

- I like the course, but don't like you. But, Ill tolerate you, it's not such a long time. Or... can you drop the course? Deliver me from your company.

- Do you really have to always be such a bitch?

- All for you, my dear.

Armin sighed in displeasure and handed her his phone.

- Write down the number.

Y/N rolled her eyes and casually picked up his phone, typing quickly. And, in a second, her phone beeped something, and she gave Armin his phone.