Chapter 5 - One-sided gravity

September dragged on slowly.

Y/N loved studying here. The lectures she attended captivated her. The approach to some subjects was a little different than she was used to. After classes, she went for a walk around the city with her brother and friend. Several times Mikasa invited the girls to have lunch and take a walk together.

One weekend, she invited them to an exhibition at a contemporary art gallery. Some of Mikasa's friends were there. Luckily for Y/N, Armin wasn't in this company. Mikasa's boyfriend was present, her friend Sasha and her boyfriend were present, as well as a cute girl, Historia, and her friend, whom neither Lola nor Y/N knew.

Y/N and Lola walked together most of the time, Lola, like Mikasa, was well versed in art, and was happy to tell Y/N some details about the exhibits.

- So this is her?

- Who are you talking about?

- One of the girls you invited.

- I still don't understand what you mean, Eren, but yes. The blonde with pink streaks is Lola, we go to some classes together, and her friend is Y/N. I told you about them.

- Yes, yes, it's great that you communicate with some new people, besides our school friends. I actually met Y/N's brother over lunch one day. Nice guy, easy-going and unobtrusive. I even invited him to join us at the computer club with the guys on the weekend.

- Are you adding to the company?

- Something like that. But that's not what I'm talking about - his sister... she's the one who studies with Armin and gets on his nerves?

- Um... yes. Armin didn't know that she would study with him and... behaved as usual, well, you understood what he was trying to do. Well, Y/N... she is very intelligent, a little daring and straightforward... so she told him everything she thought. So they didn't get off to a good start, lets put it that way.

- Armin has changed since she appeared. Do you remember what he was like at the end of his senior year at school?

- When did he and Annie break up?

- Yes...

- I still don't understand what happened between them then.

- Everything changed then... I only recently began to understand that I missed something at that time... maybe we weren't attentive enough to him. You know what a difficult person Armin is. At least he used to be quiet, kept to himself... then everything changed and we both don't know the whole story. And now... I see glimpses of the Armin I haven't seen for a long time. I don't know whether it's really this girl or not, but so far I haven't noticed any other reasons. As much as I like the more relaxed and open Armin, I still miss my friend with whom I could talk about everything...

- Do you think Y/N has any influence on him?

- I think so, but... he always complains that he doesn't like the fact that he has to communicate with her because of his studies. And what he waits when this semester is over. What does Y/N say?

- I try not to talk to her about Armin. She once said that she didn't want to say anything bad about him, since he is my close friend, and our opinions about him most likely will not coincide at all, but she seems to like me and doesn't want to offend me.

- Hmm... then Ill ask her myself. Would you mind?

- Why should I be against it?

- Well... sometimes you are jealous, Mika. You know it yourself. But I'm faithful to you. I'm not interested in anyone except you.