Chapter 1-Hello, my Name is Fae Cabrera and my Life Kinda Sucks

Yay this is my first authors note!!! Honestly I don't actually have anything to say so sorry I'm being annoying...ANYWAYS. Um, enjoy the book? Vote and comment if you like it?    
—Grace :)

The sun is shining today. Bummer that Seattle Academy for the Gifted doesn't have any windows.
Actually, it kind of reminds me of a prison. The walls are thick and gray, the students act like inmates, and the teachers have the patience of a prison guard that's on a sixteen hour shift. With no bathroom breaks. Also the who no-windows thing, but I think I mentioned that earlier.

I hate this place already.

Maybe I can get kicked out of school on purpose this time.

The last time I got expelled, it was because of an accident involving me, a serious power outage, and some creepy black tentacles that I totally didn't make up. No one believed me when I tried to tell the teachers what really happened.

After the accident, the teachers got together, decided that the school would no longer "meet my expectations," and promptly kicked me out. At least they tried to expel me in a relatively nice, we're-going-to-break-it-to-you-gently-because-we-think-you-need-to-get-psychiatric-help kind of way.

Getting expelled was annoying though, because I had straight A's and I was actually making friends.
Actually, scratch that.

That's a lie.

I wasn't making friends. But I kept telling my adoptive parents, Nick and Alesha, that I did because they get really happy when I tell them about my social life.

I like making them happy.

The school before that one was awful. I was bullied mercilessly by the other sixth graders because I was smarter than them. It wasn't my fault they were in sixth grade and didn't know the word "despondent" yet but I did.

But they did seem to know what the word "idiot" meant when I started yelling back at them.

It also wasn't my fault that I was fed up with bratty sixth grade girls bullying me.

And it totally wasn't my fault when Sarah Johnson and her jerk friends were getting lunch and I "accidentally" bumped into them with my red Kool-Aid and extra-red-sauce spaghetti.

Or that it splattered all over their blindingly white sneakers.

Unfortunately, this was the third time I'd pulled something like that so instead of a suspension, I was expelled. But in my opinion, it was absolutely worth it. Sarah Johnson never wore those white shoes again.

Anyways, the years before that are kind of blend together, but basically, I'm a pro at getting expelled. Nick and Alesha weren't pleased when I'd joked about going to half the schools in Seattle.

They were even more unhappy when they saw I had a weird proudness for that fact.

But it could be worst, right? I could be circling around foster care, lonely and with out a place to stay and parents to love me.

Good thing Nick and Alesha adopted me into their fancy mansion-home when I was two.

But...if I'm being honest...sometimes I wonder who my biological parents were though. Not that Nick and Alesha aren't great, but still, the questions pop up every once in a while.

What do they like? Do they look like me? Do I act like them? Why did they leave leave me with Child Protective Services? Was I not good enough? Did I do something wrong?

Do I even want to know who they are?

Hi again. So that was it. First chapter. Whew. It was kind of short though. They won't all be like that I don't think.

Ok guys, (just FYI when I say "guys" I mean it in a gender neutral way, so I'm addressing everyone not just dudes that are reading this) I know this chapter could've seemed really slow, but please. It picks up. I just needed to lay some groundwork info about Fae.

Also, I don't even know if anyone will read this, but if you do, and get an idea from it or use my characters in something else, these are my characters.

Please don't copy them.

(Sorry if that seems harsh or aggressive I'm not trying to be, I'm just kinda protective of my writing)

Okay well bye! Have a good morning/afternoon/evening/night!!!
                                               —Grace