Chapter 6-So Uh I Sorta Maybe Opened It? My Bad?

"You pathetic little child. You will not stop me. You are a friendless, weak, powerless, stupid, ignorant defenseless—"

"STOP!" I screamed. "Who are you?! What do you want from me?!"

I was surrounded by darkness, so thick it seemed solid. There was only one circle of light and I was in the middle. It was like I was in a spotlight.

The mystery voice taunted me and the voice seemed to come from all around me. The voice was deep, masculine. But it was also cold like ice, and cruel and emotionless.

I hated everything about that voice.

The voice laughed harshly. "You pathetic child! So completely and utterly stupid! Child, you have no idea what is going on in the world around you! Oh, how I can't wait to kill you! I will take over  and the world will be covered in writhing, poisoned darkness! How I can't wait for that day—"

"Oh my gosh just shut up already! Dude I don't give a single darn about your evil plan!"

This just ticked him off. The circle of light got smaller and smaller and I knew that when I ran out of light I would suffocate. Those nasty black tentacles crept toward me and wrapped around my entire body, binding me tightly.

Just when I felt the air get choked out of my lungs and all light had left, something flashed. I felt...warmth? Something in my fist was glowing. I fought to uncurl it and realized it wasn't something in my hand, it was my hand.

Actually my whole body was glowing. A scream echoed around me as the light grew brighter, and the tentacles shrunk back.

Breathing heavily, I bolted up from my bed. It was two in the morning. Maybe I was hallucinating, but it felt like there was something lurking in the corners of the room and the tips of my fingers seemed almost glowing with a golden light. I examined them, but a searing heat on my chest distracted me.

I had put on the necklace right before bed. The little bead rested on my collarbone. I carefully lifted it up to my face and saw...was the sun design on it glowing? It was still warm but the heat was fading fast.

I am definitely hallucinating. Yep. One-hundred percent.

Especially when the necklace unclasped itself on its own. And floated. In the air. Hallucination or not, I followed it when it moved to my desk drawer.

I'm not afraid of the monster under the bed, but I was a little afraid of the tentacles in the corners of the room. I practically ran to the necklace and snatched it out of the air. It clasped around my neck on its own.

I yanked the drawer open and pulled out the letter. I know, I know. Grabbing the letter after I was explicitly told not to because of a strangers ominous warnings from like thirteen years ago. Well screw that. My own mother wrote this letter and if they think that I won't read it out of pure curiosity and hatred for the women, then they are stupid.

I curled up the paper in my fist and strides back to my bed. I reached for the lamp near my bed so I could read the letter, but my necklace stopped me.

It lifted off my chest and flowed like a little light bulb. The necklace cast a soft golden light on the note.

My heart pounded and my palms sweated as I flattened the paper against my knee.

Dear Fae,

I miss you every day. I miss you as I write this letter and cradle you in my arms. Sweet Fae, named for the mischievous pixies, I am so very sorry I cannot take care of you and watch you grow up in person. But I'm not writing to you to mourn the loss of memories we will never make, I write on a much more serious and life threatening matter.

It is hard to describe so bare with me, daughter. There are four elements that make the Earth. Water: calm, delicate, and wise but deadly when angered. Fire: beautiful, mesmerizing, strong, and brave. Warm and comforting. But you can easily get burned so be wary. Wind: playful and mischievous. Both relaxed and wild. A breeze can easily turn into a tornado. And last, Earth: lively and blossoming. Vibrant and full of color and joy. Always remember there are thorns on a rose.

Above them all is the most powerful element. Light. Light protects the rest of the elements and every other being on Earth. Light has the most important role because only it can stop the darkness.

I know you may be frustrated, reading this, because it seems irrelevant to you. You must understand that it is the opposite, Fae. Your life completely revolves around these truths. You must believe what I am about to say because if you don't then we are all in danger. Fae, you are the daughter of Light.

I am Light, Fae. I am guardian and protecter of this Earth. I am—no, I was—the only thing standing between peace and destruction. You have inherited my power and are destined to fight the Shadows. Don't worry my dear, you aren't alone. I will be with you and so will the other guardians of the elements.

We won't often be able to help you in person, but like you, there are four others that have the abilities of the elements. Each one has talents uniquely able to be of use. You must find them, Fae. And quickly, before the darkness sets over Earth and destroys humanity.

I am unable to tell you exactly what you must do, because alas I do not know myself. The only hint to aid you quest is a prophesy written long ago. Here is how it goes:

Fire, Wind, Water, Earth
Stop the upcoming murth

Wielding the purest light
You must control the upcoming fight

But great darkness will approach
So you will need a coach

Seek one at the dying morning glory spring
Then your trials will begin

Betrayal will come as an unexpected lash
So light must find hope in the present, future, and past

This is key to your success, my dear. I leave you with this and a gift. The necklace in the envelope was forged out of sunlight from exactly noon, when the sun is most powerful. It will help you and ward off the darkness. Fae, you may not understand now, but that necklace is the weapon you will use to conquer the darkness.

I believe in you and I love you, daughter. My heart aches that you have such a weight on your shoulders. The world is in your hands.

Love,
Momma

I was shaking by the time that I finished the letter. And that was the perfect time for the shadows to attack.

Hi! I am so sorry I haven't written in like a week! But OH MY GOSH!!! LEGEND OF ZELDA TEARS OF THE KINGDOM CAME OUT!!! Took fricken forever but it's so fun!! Do any of you like it? Have you played it yet?

What do you think about Fae's future? It's a pretty big weight...

What about the other children of the elements? Do you think they'll get along?

Guys please don't be silent readers! Remember to vote and comment! Have a good rest of your day/night!
—Grace :)