chapter 15

Marinette ran around her room, grabbing random items and clothing off the floor and tossing them into her wardrobe or random bins, not caring if they were in the right spot or not.

"Geez girl, calm down-"

"I can't cAlM dOwN Alya, Adrien will be here any minute and my rooms a mess!"

"It's not that bad, I'm sure Adrien won't care," Alya chuckled as she bent down, picking up Marinettes pajamas from the floor and neatly folding them before placing them onto Marinettes dresser. She turned around only to see Marinette on all fours with a shirt in her hands running around the floor and gathering any loose items.

"Marinette...get up..."

"No! I need this room to be spotless!"

Alya sighed and walked over to her friend, dragging her up and onto her feet. She bent down and picked up the things Marinette had collected and put them into their rightful places then returned back to Marinette.

"How much longer till they get here?" Marinette asked.

"Any moment n-"

"Marinette, Alya! Your friends are here!"

"Oh, speak of the devil!" Alya joked, opening the hatch to let the two boys in. They all greeted each other and sat down in various places of the room, Adrien making sure to sit next to Marinette.

"So, how are we going to go about this?" Alya questioned.

"A few months ago, my father worked with someone who created plays for a living. For him, he found it more effective to think of a mood or a tone first and go from there. Maybe we can try that?" Adrien suggested, everyone nodding in agreement.

"So, what should we do then?" Nino asked.

"Well if we want our play to really resonate with the viewers, maybe we should try a sad one!" Marinette chirped.

"Great idea Marinette, I completely agree!" Adrien smiled over at her, her face growing redder by the second. She stared at his emerald green eyes and for a split moment, she could've sworn she saw something familiar about them. Something about the way he stared at her reminded her of her old partner, but why?

"Okay, well now that that's settled we should focus on the actual play," Alya said as she pulled a notebook and pencil from Marinettes desk, flipping to an empty page.

"Ohh, maybe something like Shakespeare! A sad romance!" Marinette gushed, instantly stopping when she remembered who she was sitting next to.

"I like the way you think, dude! How about an unrequited love?" Nino spoke, smiling at Marinette.

"Or better yet, a forgotten love! Maybe our two main characters were once in love but then something happened that separated them and then they forgot about how they once felt for each other!" Alya added.

"That's perfect, Alya! If it's Shakespeare inspired, then we have to make sure this takes place in the past!" Marinette beamed.

"Great thinking, Marinette. But how would the two find their way back to each other?" Adrien questioned.

The group thought for a moment, trying to figure out a solution to this problem. They had been on a roll but were now stuck, that is until Nino came up with an idea.

"Rapunzel dudessss!"

"What?" They all asked.

"Like how Flynn finds a random tower and how Rapunzel was waiting for her life to begin. Maybe our dude is walking and finds a tower with his love in it, but he doesn't recognize her and maybe it's been so long that they don't understand each other anymore, you know? They don't see eye to eye anymore! We can maybe show this in a weird poetic way by having her speak a different language, like French! The language of our people!"