chapter 24

It was now Tuesday night. Adrien still hadn't gone back to school. He hadn't even left his room after returning home from the hospital. Except for now.

     Right now he stood outside a florist shop window transformed as Chat Noir. His black leather suit allowed him to blend into the darkness of the night, ensuring that he wouldn't be seen by any wandering pedestrians. Although, he doubted anyone would be out this late given the fact that everyone was currently terrified of him.

     Due to this new fear, nights were now lonely. But it most definitely had its advantages. Like right now. He didn't have to worry about anyone seeing him doing what he was about to do.

     Chat Noir tugged at the handle attached to the glass door, not being surprised that it was locked but definitely disappointed. He walked around the building for a bit to try to find an open window but only made his way back to his original position; in front of the glass door.

     He sighed in defeat. He didn't want to use his Cataclysm right now. If he did, he would only have 5 minutes to get everything he needed to get done. He didn't want to rush. But, he didn't see another way through this.

     Raising his hand, Chat Noir called out the magic words and watched as his hand was instantly engulfed in black particles. He reached out to the door and gently tapped it, the door quickly turning black and crumbling to the ground, leaving nothing but a pile of rubble. Chat Noir stepped over it and entered the shop, using his baton as a light source to see all the beautiful flowers.

     He browsed the large quantity of flowers, yet none of them caught his eye. He needed this to be perfect. He kept messing up with everyone around him, especially Marinette. He couldn't mess up this too.

     After a few minutes of searching, his eyes finally landed on a bouquet of red roses. He really needed to stop getting her roses. Chat Noir walked over to the bouquet and picked it up, gently pinching one of the petals. He brought it closer to his face and took a small sniff. They smelt amazing.

     Suddenly, his ring beeped telling him he was about to detransform. Had he really spent all his time searching for flowers? He bit his lip as he rushed out of the broken door and used his baton to launch him across Paris and into his bedroom window.

     The moment he arrived, Plaggs powers had given out and he was ripped from the Miraculous. He landed on Adrien's bed and grunted as Adrien walked over to his cabinet and handed him a piece of cheese.

     "Eat that fast, Plagg. We're going back out right away," Adrien whispered, careful not to wake the other kwamis as he admired the roses. He prayed this would be enough to get her to forgive him.

     Plagg didn't say anything as he slowly ate the cheese. What once filled him with so much joy now only seemed to fill him with dread. The faster he ate this, the faster he would be forced to transform. He hated transforming for this new Chat Noir.

     Once he finally finished, Adrien wasted no time transforming back and leaping straight out of the window. He couldn't help but smile as he made his way to Marinettes bakery, the wind gently slapping across his face as he continued on with his journey.

     He roughly landed on Marinettes balcony, clenching the flowers tightly as an even larger goofy smile spread across his face. He couldn't wait to see her. Well, assuming she was awake.

     As he knocked on the balcony hatch, his stomach almost instantly started doing flips. Was he making a mistake by involving Marinette with Chat Noir? What if he put her in danger? Should he leave now and make amends with her as Adrien? Would being friends with her as Adrien still be too risky?