They are Gone, and Here I Must Remain

Commander Park: Friend or foe?

˚➶ 。˚ 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓖𝓸𝓷𝓮, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓗𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓘 𝓜𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓡𝓮𝓶𝓪𝓲𝓷 ˚。➶˚

"Are you out of your fucking mind?!"

Commander Park grinned as he listened to the argument. Y/n seemed rather brash. Bold but stupid, in a way. She seemed the type to state her thoughts without giving herself a moment to think. The two, Hoseok and Y/n, were going at it like there was no tomorrow. She scolded him for even daring to consider allowing Park in their ranks. Meanwhile, Hoseok fired right back at her, telling her the rebellion was screwed either way. Park couldn't tell if it was pessimism or factual. Based on the emptiness of the tent, he was willing to bet it was a mix of both.

 Based on the emptiness of the tent, he was willing to bet it was a mix of both

"Why do you want to join us?" Hoseok asked.

Realizing Y/n and Hoseok were done fighting and it was on him now, Park straightened his posture by a hair, but only a hair. "Moros is my chance at freedom. They're distracting New Theon. You think I enjoy my life as the Emperor's slave?"

"Seeing as you find joy in killing innocent people, yes," Y/n replied, narrowing her eyes.

"Careful, princess," he said, rolling the word 'princess' around his tongue and spitting it out. "The only thing you know about me is I'm good with a sword. You know who else is innocent in this?" Silence followed, the two averting their eyes. "The guards working for the Emperor. They're serving New Theon to protect their families. Many of them enlisted for the extra cash, not because they believe in the Emperor's ways. Yet here you are, bombing them, killing them, torturing them."