Tomorrow Brings No Change In Here

┊ ˚➶ 。˚ 𝓣𝓸𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓻𝓸𝔀 𝓑𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝓝𝓸 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮 𝓘𝓷 𝓗𝓮𝓻𝓮 ˚。➶˚┊

˚➶ 。˚ 𝓣𝓸𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓻𝓸𝔀 𝓑𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝓝𝓸 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮 𝓘𝓷 𝓗𝓮𝓻𝓮 ˚。➶˚

She watched the arrow fly.

Park hit the target in the chest. He kept the bow close to his body, rubbing his fingers over the string. The smoke from the fire filled the night sky, Y/n sitting by it while Park kept practicing. Not that he needed practice; he hit the target in the chest almost every time. He hadn't missed yet. Y/n didn't even try. Not like she could. Although it had been a week since her injury, her leg still burned from the impact. Arrows were no joke, and Y/n didn't want to go anywhere near them.

Park loaded again, deciding to be cocky and shoot her a wink. Without glancing at the target, he released the arrow and hit it in the head. They were using paint on trees to act as targets. Taehyung painted three human figures on the three trees about twenty meters away.

"Don't be an asshole," she said, placing her plate down. He shot her a smirk before going to retrieve his arrows. For once, he didn't have his armor on. He had a black lace up top on, the strings bouncing off his chest. The shirt was a bit loose on him, allowing her to see the back of his neck. She could have sworn she saw dark ink near the top of his back, but he was too far for her to confirm it.

He returned with the arrows not long after, sitting across from her on one of the two wooden logs. He picked up his cup, drinking from it. As always, it was some type of alcohol Y/n didn't bother learning the name of.

"I'm surprised you're here this late," Y/n said, Park shrugging it off.

"I negotiated with the Emperor. I stay there during the day, go out more at night. It's more peaceful, don't you think? Less happens. Less threat of war. No threat of Moros."

"They'll come back eventually, won't they?"

"Not if the rebellion kicks the Emperor's ass. Moros is fighting for the same thing you are: freedom. The Emperor set his sights on Mount Moros years ago. If we kill the Emperor, Moros will leave us alone."

"Hopefully I'll be healed by then," Y/n said, rubbing her thigh.

Park stared at her for a moment, taking a swig of his drink before abruptly standing. "Come on."

"What?"

"We're sparring. Let's see what you got."

"Are you insane? You're the best fighter in New Theon and I'm injured," she said, but Park already strolled over to the grassy clearing. All the wood got pushed aside to make space for a makeshift fighting ring. Taehyung painted a white circle across the grass, Park stepping inside it and motioning for her to come closer.

"I'll go easy on you, don't worry."

"Like hell you will."

He gave her yet another wink. "You might get choked again, princess."