chapter twenty-four: caught

I'm back, hope you are looking forward to new updates again :) I took a short break because it was my birthday. 

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

When Millie woke up the next day, it was still dark outside. Tired she looked around, she didn't recognize anything in the dark, but after only a few seconds she realized that she wasn't in her room. Instead of sleeping in her hotelroom with the two single beds and with Kurtis in one, she was with Joel, in his bed.

When she then wanted to turn around, she also noticed that Joel was directly behind her. He had his arm wrapped tightly around her waist and his hand was on her stomach. He must be asleep, since she could hear him breathing evenly.

And after only a few seconds she felt something pressing against her back. And then she remembered last night. 

"Fuck" she murmured softly and carefully tried to get out of his grip.

After carefully putting his arm back on the empty bed, she got up and quietly went to the bathroom. Inside she filled a glass of water to drink.

Millie didn't know how to feel about last night. She should regret it, right? But she liked it too much for that. Not only that he fingered her yesterday, but also that they cuddled all night.

"Shit" she mumbled again and dabbed cold water on her face.

"Millie?" she then heard quietly Joel's tired and raspy voice. Fuck.

"Yeah?" she asked back quietly.

"What are you doing? Please come back"

"Yes uhm, I'll be right back" she said and took a quick look at herself in the mirror. She should go back to her own room, right? What would Kurtis think if he woke up?

She decided to go back to bed anyway and carefully sat down on the edge of the bed. 

"Come here" Joel whispered, pulling her back to him.

Millie snuggled back into his chest and he rested his head over hers. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, thank you," she replied and Joel gently stroked her hair. 

"You know you don't have to stay if you don't want to, okay?"

"No, I want to," she replied, and after a few seconds of consideration, she gently pressed her lips to his.

Joel returned the kiss immediately and took her face in his hands. And she knew it was stupid, but she kinda enjoyed kissing him. 

"Do you think this is a mistake?" she then asked after a few moments as the two broke apart again. Joel sighed.  "Probably, but I enjoy spending time with you and that's all I want right now"

Millie understood his doubts, because she felt the same way. She likes him, but knows she shouldn't.

"Let's get some more sleep, okay?" he then whispered and hugged her closer again.

The next time Millie woke up, it was to a loud knock on the door. She was pretty tired, but she sat up right away.
"Joel?" she heard Ms. Connors asking from outside.

Shocked, she immediately shook Joel's shoulder slightly, which made him wake up confused. "What?" he mumbled wearily. But before Millie could answer, they heard Ms. Connor's voice again.

"Joel are you awake? It is half past seven. We're supposed to wake up the students at 8."

"Yes sorry, I'll be right there, okay?" he answered loudly and then looked overwhelmed at millie.