5- The great Sibling debate of 1975.

It had been a few hours since they had arrived back at Hogwarts, when a lull fell over the group. None of them had spoken much since the six Gryffindors and one Slytherin had all sat bundled up in the Marauders' usual spots in the common room- the sofas around the fireplace. All too busy soaking into their post-feat blissful quiet. The hogwarts express had now officially dropped them off for yet another year.

Lily was perched between Mary and Remus, on the left of the bigger brown sofa, directly facing the fire. She was rummaging through her pockets looking for the pack of muggle sweets she had hidden there- a parting gift from her father for making fifth year prefect. But the cherry candies had seemingly vanished. Instead in there place she felt a thin plasticky piece of something.

She lifted it out of her pocket to find a Polaroid photo. She didn't put that there.

It showed her and her brother  both holding up cameras, pointed at who she assumed was their mum

It showed her and her brother  both holding up cameras, pointed at who she assumed was their mum. She was in her sparkly dress from the previous year's, New Year's party and he was in his "smart" (as their mum called it) suit.

"What the-."
"Is that you and your brother?" Mary asked a soft smile coming over her warm face as she peered over Lily's freckled shoulder. "Yeah....from last new years." Lily spoke rather confusedly.

"You never really talk about him, only Petunia." Mary mused looking at Lily who gave a small quirk of her perfectly sculpted, ginger eyebrow. The mention of her sister now too, making her grimace slightly. "Yeah and that's only ever to complain." Marlene added for her, the blonde's head placed in her girlfriend's lap as Dorcas absentmindedly played with the blonde and pink-dyed tendrils in her lap, a lit cigarette playing between the paler girl's fingers.

"He seemed nice at the station- quiet." Mary mused again, her own head of curls collapsing back into sofa as she shifted, knocking Peter who had joined them on the train and now the common room where he sat perched against Mary's leg. "Oi!" He squealed. "Sorry Pete." She giggled back.

"There's not much to say about Finn. he's pretty normal as far as big brothers go. He's not horrid like Tuney. But he doesn't take that much of an interest. Always out with his silly little friends under some overpass.....smoking." Lily eyed the Marlene with a judging smirk, "or he's locked up in his room blasting that godawful rock music." Lily spoke with a twinge of spite to her voice. "I swear one summer I will burst an ear drum from that bloody guitar or those wretched drums- and surely no one likes Freddie Mercury's voice that much....not even bloody Black." Lily whined pointing at Sirius who flipped up his left middle finger, receiving a smack from James who glared down at the Black heir from his armchair thrown.

"At least you two get along." Remus spoke now, he seemed to have woken from his beginning of year feast induced nap against the sofa's other arm, to join in. He too peaked at the image in Lily's hands with a small smile. He never had any siblings growing up- the closest thing he had ever had was the people in that room.