9- Stars and scars, in our eyes

(Changed the face claim for Nashira to Adeline Kane.)

"Mate, could you not have waited like ten minutes until after the candles and singing?" James gasped ever the one to be over dramatic mother of the group

"Mate, could you not have waited like ten minutes until after the candles and singing?" James gasped ever the one to be over dramatic mother of the group. He looked at Sirius with faux disappointment glistening in his brown eyes.

"Leave him be Prongs, it's his birthday and Pete and Lils baked it, so you know it's going to be heavenly." Remus chuckled from beside Sirius as said birthday boy haphazardly scoffed the slice of his own birthday cake in his hands.

He'd never, for years, had  a birthday cake since he was eight, that was until his friends made him one in their first year. Ever since it had become a marauders tradition.

It had of course been an awful little concoction brewed by Remus and James, who were from there after banned from all baking endeavours. So every birthday was left to Lily and Peter to make a cake. Though James was good in his own right when it came to other culinary feats and he had argued abashedly about being allowed back into the baking fold.

"You're welcome by the way, happy Birthday, Black." Lily scoffed at Sirius before she leaned over their little circle and handed the birthday boy his gift with a begrudging smile. A hint of friendliness peaking through her usually cloudy expression. Her emerald eyes forever light and full of secret love.

"Cheers Evans." He winked back at her taking the neatly wrapped parcel and shaking it gently by his ear. Still slurring his words through a mouthful of cake. Talking whilst still chewing food; a distinctly ungentlemanly trait he made sure to develop every time he got within an inch of his parents house and sometimes outside.

"Don't shake it!" She yelled almost hysterical. "And don't talk with your mouth full." James grimaced slightly. He may not have been raised as stiffly (or stiff at all) as Sirius but he did know his manners, Euphemia Potter trained her son well. So it's something fragile." He teased and her scowl returned.

"Lily, Remus was right this cake is heavenly." Marlene groaned behind the ginger her hand too now covered in red icing to match Sirius'. "Way to get caught red handed Mar, announce your crime." Peter nudged her jokingly, then his little voice softened, "I'm glad you like it by the way." Marlene smiled back at her childhood friend with beaming affection, patting his head of golden curls that so easily matched her own.

Marlene and Peter were always a pair.

"Off course it's heavenly, Lily and Pete made it." Remus re-quoted himself. "Or if you're prongs, 'Lily is always heavenly'." Sirius smirked through his red stained teeth- like he was bleeding.

"So Tulip got me a fragile little gift, what did the rest of you get me then?..."
"Oh for goodness sakes Sirius, my bloody name is-." Lily hated when Sirius jokingly called her after any other flower. A running joke between the two that always ended in Lily cursing a rant out at Sirius or lobbing something at him from across a room.