회상 (Reminiscence)

✨Kum Junhyeon x Kim Taerae

✨Just two boyfriends recalling their journey together

✨Fluff

Past midnight when everyone was asleep, around 3 or 4 in the morning, Junhyeon was still awake. Maybe he knew in his guts that he'd be awakened anyway, or maybe he was unintentionally waiting for someone. The fact is, someone did walk in in the middle of that quiet night, and that was Kim Taerae, the guy of Junhyeon's dreams.

"Taerae hyung?" He asked in a whisper. The tired looking man gave himself in Junhyeon's extended arms, leaving a small huff of breath. He was anxious, exhausted.

"Can't sleep?" Junhyeon asked, habitually stroking Taerae's head. The latter hummed, he found home in Junhyeon's chest. For a while, the younger only caressed his back, but when the weight of Taerae started growing on him, he slowly shifted the elder on the empty space of the bed. Taerae scooted to make enough space for Junhyeon too. It was a small bed, but they managed to fit together comfortably. And it was good for them, since they got to be skin on skin.

"I'm scared about tomorrow." Taerae answered, indicating the supposed elimination the next day. Junhyeon agreed, "Me too. I really wanna be in the top 9. Even for once."

Taerae remembered the last elimination, when three contestants were called for the 9th spot. Junhyeon was one of them. But in the end, he got the cursed 10th spot. So close, yet so far away. He saw Junhyeon walk past the top 9 seats. It broke his heart. Even though he took the 7th spot, his heart kept reaching out to Junhyeon. Because he had been in Junhyeon's shoes once.

"You're gonna climb higher than this, Junhyeon ah. I was 11, remember? But then I got in too. Don't worry. Have faith in yourself." Taerae said. Junhyeon only stared at him. He wasn't that confident about himself. But at that moment, looking at how sincerely his Taerae hyung was looking at him, nothing else mattered. Like Taerae was- hands down- the prettiest man on earth. That smile- that heavenly single dimpled smile! And those sharp yet soft eyes, they told tales of angels and heavens. The whole universe shined in the endless depth of those eyes.

Junhyeon cupped Taerae's face, his thumbs occasionally brushing those cheeks. Taerae might be drained, but he still looked stunning. And with that longing gaze he offered? Gosh he could command Junhyeon to jump, and he would. He was so down for Kim Taerae.

It was a small, slow, assuring peck. Junhyeon's lips stayed on top of Taerae's for a brief moment, but that small act of skinship connected their souls even better. Both could understand each other's worries, pain, hard works. Taerae gave a smile, Junhyeon gave a nod. No more words were needed. Yes, they were worried still, but not cluelessly anxious anymore.

"Ahhh! Hyung, it's unfair how pretty you are!" Junhyeon said, looking away from that gorgeous face. It made the other chuckle, "Why?"

"See? How you wrapped me around your finger?" Junhyeon pouted. Taerae went closer to hug him around the waist.

"Why? You only like me for my face?"

"Nah." Junhyeon grinned, "If I did, I'd have confessed to you on our star level test."

"Really?"

"Yeah, my eyes got stuck on that choker. You were the choker guy for me." Junhyeon replied, recalling how he first met the man he loved. Almost all wakeone trainees sat on the middle seats, Taerae on the left half. Junhyeon's aim was the No. 1 seat, but his eyes kept going back to Taerae. The black choker on his pale neck kept playing with Junhyeon's mind. Yet, since it's a survival show, he kept himself distraced, not until Taerae's team performed and well, his choker guy hit those damn high notes. He looked way too sexy on stage. With his bright smile but strong aura, he won Junhyeon then and there.