Chapter 12

I.B reached the end of his chosen path and came out to his designated room. A cramped studio-like room for where Alice Angel would supposedly record. The place was decorated with TVs, which I.B despised. The broken glass of the screens reminded him of a monster; himself. No control over himself, just an overwhelming sensation of power in the form of ink.

His attention soon focused on the TV placed in back center of the room. Behind the shattered screen was the figure of a short, skinny woman.

Ink Bottle extended his hand, almost as if he could hold the woman in the palm of his hand and crush her tragically with a simple squeeze. Alas, that was just the illusion of distance. Instead, I.B called the lady by her name.

"Alice. Alice, turn around."

And the woman turned, ever so slowly. It felt like all eternity; minutes seemingly passing and her face still hasn't revealed. However, good things come to those who wait. And soon, her face was in I.B's line of sight.

Her broken, shattered face. Ink everywhere. It was like she was hit with a flood of acid, half of her face melted, or perhaps still melting while the other half struggled to keep form. And suddenly, the woman ran. Crashing into I.B, obnoxious crying was heard. Compared to his figure, Alice was a smurf. I.B had no reaction to her seeking comfort, for if she was to move slightly the horns messily placed on her head would impale I.B's neck violently.

"They're coming for me," Alice sobbed. "To drag me back. I can't. I'll die again. /Again!/" She screeched. I.B gently pushed her back. "Alice. We can live again. /You/ can live again. I need you to do a small thing for me. I need my mask."

Alice backed up. "Surely you don't need me for your dumb little project now? I see you for the first time in Joey knows what, and you want to /sacrifice/ me! Screw you, Lawrence! We had something!" She yelled, inky tears running down her distorted face. I.B sighed. Her reaction was as expected. "Listen Alice- you're my last resort. There's someone else here. So unless you want me to use you, I suggest you stick with me and help me find the bloody annoyance or else I actually will use you. No hesitations."