Chapter 11- alliance

I heaved myself over to the stream and added moss to my makeshift bandage.

It has been hours since the attack and all I could do is lay down, praying for a sponsor. It hurt to even sit.

I was in incredible pain.

Ring ring

The sun had almost gone down by now as I barely heard the ringing over the blood in my ears.

A package landed right in front of my face. I opened it with my less cut hand.

Inside was a jar of blue liquid.

For the cuts -C

I carefully dipped my hands into the liquid which was extremely cold and covered my arm in it.

A cool sense eased the pain and I put it on all my cuts before rewrapping them.

"Thank you" I whispered into the air before slumping against the tree, falling asleep.

Music played which woke me up like my old alarm clock.

Faces already protected in the sky. 4 in total one of them was the girl I killed who and been from district 7. I always heard they were psychos.

My heart stopped had I realized I had fallen asleep in the open. Anyone could have killed me.

I decided to find a spot to stay. I was feeling much better thanks to the gift which I stored in my backpack.

I walked carefully with my night vision goggles to the stream I once was.

I followed my compass West.

What felt like hours later I was at the stream. I eagerly filled my empty water bottle.

When I looked back up my heart jumped. Someone lay on the other side, asleep.

I wasn't afraid. I had the advantage here. They wouldn't realize before it's too late that my spear was in their stomach.

I leaped over the water and tip toed to the person.

It was the girl from district 8. I was extremely surprised to find that she was still alive.

Wounds covered her arms and face as I realized that she had a deep cut on her chest.

Pity overwhelmed me. She was just like me. Younger, and underdog in the games except she wasn't from a good place. I wondered how her family feels right now. Knowing she was about to be killed.

I thought about the tears and what my family would do if I was her.

I dropped my spear and pulled out my backpack. I grabbed my jar and rubbed the liquid on cuts.

She didn't wake up as the sun rose once again. I couldn't risk fall asleep around her so I stayed up watching her throughout the night.

Finally after a couple more hours she jerked awake.

She tried to reach from her knife that I put in my pocket, out of reach.

"I'm not here to hurt you, look I helped you" I placed a hand on her cut on her arm so she could see.

"Please don't hurt me"

"If I wanted to hurt you I would have hours ago" I told her.

"Then why stay" she asked me.

I thought over the answer "because I want to have an alliance.

I could tell she didn't trust me so I gave her a package of dried fruit.

"Trust me" I held out my hand for her to take.

She grasped onto it as I helped her up.

"I will"

Please vote for this chapter if you liked this book, thank you! For for grammar mistakes.