NINE

AUBURON

I instinctively pushed my mate behind me when I heard the clapping. "Well, well, well," said a woman's voice. "Look, Kaya, they're already arguing," said a voice that was similar to my uncle's. Carro immediately pushed forward as my eyes flashed red trying to contain my lycan so he wouldn't do anything too rash. "WHY DID YOU DO IT?!" screamed my mate. I looked over at her and saw her beautiful lilac eyes. I could tell that her wolf was present. Tears were beginning to fill them as I wondered what happened between her and this woman. "You're asking the wrong question, my dear niece." the woman said as she scoffed. Isn't this ironic? My uncle and her aunt. Huh. I thought. I glared at my uncle as he smiled and said "How's little Layla?" I see red as I run to attack him before the weird woman raised her hand and he was now on the left side of her. "What the fuck?" said Carro. I growled in frustration. "See little niece, you should be asking why I'm here," she said as she raised her hand again and I started to feel my stomach burn. My wolf was howling in pain as I began to fall to the ground wincing in pain. My face was turning red as my whole body began heating up. I looked over at my mate whose eyes were wide in fear. "STOP" screamed Liani. I heard her howl before these purple lights began to beam out of her palms. "I won't LET YOU HURT ANYONE ELSE," said Liani as she stalked towards the woman. I could see the fear in her eyes as my body began to feel normal again. "BALCONY BY MY QUARTERS," I said Mindlinking everyone in my pack. My uncle must have known that they were coming as he looked at the woman and said "We must leave" as he grabbed her hand. The woman still frozen in fear snapped out of it as Archer yelled "NOW." and they disappeared out of sight. I was still on the floor as I tried to muster up the energy to get up when Liani rushed over to me. "Are you okay?!" She asked in worry. "Fine," I said a little out of breath as she helped me to stand up. Our eyes met when I was back on my feet and her wolf's lilac eyes were no more as her dark brown eyes absorbed me. Who was this woman? This mysterious woman smelled like vanilla and cinnamon. I found her scent strange but it was still the best scent I ever smelled. She looked away as the footsteps of everyone else came running through. My parents, the twins, Dorian, and two other guards rushed through the doors followed by two women who looked to be Liani's age. Not long after was there a woman who resembled Liani, who I'm assuming was her mother. ****LIANI"LI!!!" My mother yelled as she ran and hugged me. "Are you okay?! I felt her, I don't know how but I felt her." She said in a frenzy as she was grabbing me by my arms and looking me up and down as if she was trying to figure out if I was real. She was so overwhelmed with emotion that I doubt she realized the white light beaming from her hands that were around my arms. I looked over and all eyes were on us. "Mom," I said trying to get her attention as she continued talking. "I-I can't believe she was here-" she said as I cut her off. "MOM!" I said as I grabbed her hands. She gasped in shock. Her head flew back as her eyes glazed over. I grabbed her arms to ensure that she didn't fall backward. "I can feel her power getting stronger," says Iris. I didn't respond because I felt it too. I was so worried about my mom. How was her power growing stronger? I thought she had to choose between my dad and her powers. My thoughts were getting the best of me as I sat there staring off at my mother. It wasn't until I felt a large hand on my back that I snapped out of my thoughts."It's okay. She'll be okay." Auburon whispered before he kissed me on my forehead. I gave him a shy smile. I was about to say thank you when my mom took a deep breath gasping for air as her eyes were unglazed. She pulled me in a tight hug. "I got my powers back!" she said excitedly. "AHEM," said the king as everyone looked at him. "Kayden, take your mate and her friend out of here," he said to the one twin talking about Aella and Sydney. "Rodney, please go grab the Alpha and Luna of–" he said pausing because he didn't know our pack's name. "The Blue Moon Pack, your majesty," I said shyly before bowing my head to him. "The Blue Moon Pack," he finished saying to the guard, Rodney."Auburon, please come with me and your mother as we need to give a speech to thank everyone for attending." He said as Auburon's eyes flashed red and said "I'm not leaving my mate." His father gave him a stern look as he just challenged him in front of other people. He must have known that my mate's lycan wasn't going to back down. "Very well, your mate can come with. She will be their future queen after all." Auburon's eyes went back to brown in an instant. His hand moved from my back and he took a step away. I could tell his wolf was more excited to be with me than he was which saddened me. "Liam please escort Auburon's mates–" "Liani," I said. "And this is my mother, Maya," I said again, cutting him off. The queen gave me a big smile and I bowed at her in return. "The queen likes us!" says Iris. I smiled at Iris' reaction. "Very well. Liam, please escort Liani's mother to my study. We will meet you there when we're finished. We have a lot to discuss."