3

✰

𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 of wrath and fury filled the room after the announcement of the trickery they had faced. Everything, after the hell they have been through was only a motivation to seek the mindset of a hungry and thirsty man for power.

Dark circles underneath their eyes are evident on each face. The lack of sleep due to training is enough proof that they are tired of the bullshit that just keeps coming. However, the strong words from Ego made them impatient and created a desire to test themselves for the second selection.

Amidst the confusion that was left after Ego's vague explanation, One special individual had dared to go in first with a splendid performance that surprised everyone as well after the latter's name had shown on the screen.

It made everyone feel aware that there were more monsters lurking around the huge unknown building. Hence why some had felt an enormous determination cursing through their veins, and undeniably thirst for indestructible skills after a known man had displayed such skills previously.

"I'll say this straight, Ego-san

"I'll say this straight, Ego-san..." Anri muttered slowly, sweat building up from her smooth pleasant face. "We don't have any funds left."

After the introduction of Blue Lock's Ai hologram, it is no surprise that the funds would be spent for the sake of training the Football's future. However, the cost was too exorbitant. After all, it was created with the most advanced technologies to provide for players in training. It was a problem that Y/n had been paranoid about since day one.

"Shut up, Anri-chan." Ego silenced the woman who huffed. "This is wonderful. It's the space that I've dreamed of." He said, completely brushing off Ms. Anri's concern for the program's funds. Though, it is expected from an ambitious man.

Pair of eyes watched a certain raven-haired male on the monitors. Swift kicks repeatedly and hits the ball as it dashed toward the goal, flawlessly avoiding the ai goalie.

Y/n watched him with pure interest and wonder and completely disregarded her cousin's speech about improvement and weapons. Her attentiveness was directed more to Isagi, whom she had not witnessed his skills before. She had only heard him play football with his old team and had not really won for nationals, thanks to her admirer who won't stop rambling about everything. The more she observed him, the more she noticed the full determination within his eyes as well as the term that her cousin had always mentioned, Ego.