6

✰

𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 spoonful of food feeds her mouth, chewing on the nutrition and swallowing it whole afterwards. Light giggles vibrate from the girl's throat the more she observes the phone in her hold. Her eyes squint in delight as an edit of her favourite Idol loops at each second. 

Seeing the people you admire appear in an edit is a type of feeling that one can only describe. Even more when it's a gobsmacking and astonishing edit that could be sent to the government to give a reason to stop conflicts. 

However, the tall guy beside the girl thought otherwise. It annoys him how much the audio has been on repeat for what? and it disturbs his peace from eating. Furthermore, he could notice everyone glancing at their table due to the loud volume from her phone. If it would be a different situation, Barou does not really care about their gazes but since he is eating, it's really annoying. 

With his hands lifting, he pushes his palms to the vibrant screen to cover it from her eyesight. His finger inches to the power button to shut the phone off in hopes of interfering with the loud noises that echo throughout the cafeteria. 

The girl beside gives him an indecorous look, eyebrows knitting together as she examines Barou's twitching and distasteful expression. 

"What's wrong?" She manages, not fully understanding his disdainful mood. But her brain starts to function and it clicks her. 

"Ah... My bad." She grins, not feeling any shame at her actions, "Was it too loud for you? or It just annoys you how I'm not paying any attention to you at all?" 

Barou sent her a glare, a vein manifesting under his eye. "I don't need your attention!" He exclaims before scoffing. 

"My food gets ruined the more that video plays." 

"Okay? And?"

"―And why are you even here?! Go somewhere else and get lost!"

A feigned gasp escapes from Y/n's lips. Her hand lifts its way to cover her mouth in a mock.

"I'm hurt, Barou-kun." She let out a snort before continuing, "I'm only here to give you company after finding out that you don't have any friends. I feel bad."

More players arrive at the dining hall, and most of them simply do not mind the noises from the two as the others can only listen as a lady tries to talk out with the infamous King. 

"―I don't need friends, anyways! Shut up!" He points his spoon at the girl, the grip tightening when she continues to nibble at her food. Completely ignoring him. 

Sensing that she didn't talk any further, he continues to chew on his own and finally receives the peace he wants. 

At least he could tolerate her a little bit. 

Putting the phone away from the table, she ponders a certain question. 

"So," a small smile makes its way to her face as she tucks a stand behind her ear. Her eyes stare blankly at her food while Barou gives the girl a side glance, irk once again. Though he did not say anything.