Red - Part 8

Wilbur clung to the body of his brother. blood dipped down him, it wasn't his though. his hands coated, like scarlet red gloves. Wilbur's eyes danced. Glancing over his dull body, the way it slowly rose and then quickly fell. The life draining out of Tommy's eyes.

The room darkening, as kids walked in, screaming. Shocked. The teacher got up, ushering them all out of the room, and picking up the dial phone, calling both the office and ER. Wilbur hug the body that layed on his knees.

It never got easier, seeing Tommy like this. It seemed like Tommy would 'get better,' then suddendly crash and die. Although it wasn't often, he was still there. Waiting for the inevitable of Tom relapsing, over and over again. Until he was satisfied with himself.

Which was never.

The hall was full of loud talking, kids standing behind the teacher. Despratly trying to usher them out. Staring at Tommy like an animal, a charity, that they needed to see. Wilbur looked up, the room shaking, tears streaming down his pale face. His hands red from clinging to his body, trying to get the blood to stop. It didn't stop though, no matter how hard he pushed, and tried to apply pressure. Wilbur looked up, searching for help. Outside the windows, red and blue lights flickered, Sirens approaching, Wilbur worried if they were to late to save his little brother as his breathing shortened.

Wilbur stood. Huffing up Tommys frail body. Scared to hurt him more than he already did, he pushed past the teacher, past kids, who shuddered to the side, away from him, like the opposite of a magnet, fighting to take glimpses at his body, arms soaked in blood,heavier than usual.

People met him at the door, thrusting his body from Wilburs arms, leaving Wilbur staring as they rushed out, he watched in horror. Walking towards the van, slowly turned to sprinting towards it. Gaining speed as they huffed and tried to stop the bleeding like Wilbur had.

Wilbur had forgotten to turn off his headphones.

No Surprises, started to sing in his ears, the music draining out gasps of people who had followed Wilbur, who was soaked in blood, his face red and splotted with blood of his brothers. Wilburs eyes shook, watching them try to bring the life back into Tommys eyes. When they did, they lifted him into the van, Wilbur walking towards them.

He looked at a person with brown hair, he started to close the back door, pausing to look at Wilbur.

"Do you have your mother or fathers phone number?" He asked, "Are they on their way?" He paused, "Can they meet us at the hospital?" Wilbur shook his head, the man sighing,

"Can I come with?" Wilbur's voice shook, Staring past the man, to Tommy. "He's my brother," He finished.

His face fell, shaking his head he closed the van door, with Wilbur on one side, and Tommy on the other.

Wilbur didn't know when he would next see Tommy. Or if he even would see Tommy.

He grabbed his phone and started to dial his mom's number, before pausing, and then calling it. Shutting his eyes so hard that his head began to pound.

Tears Over Beers started playing quietly in his headphones.